Microsoft strikes again

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got vista on my new laptop and haven't had any issues with it yet. I kind of like it actually.

where i work, microsoft and all its quirks = job security.. if nothing broke id be out a job. i agree ms has its problems but at this time there isnt a really reliable, user friendly (see stupid user friendly) alternative.

kinda like gasoline, i hate paying the pump prices, but what you gonna do?? and they know this..

vista isnt all that bad for the end user, the die hard computer users will notice a big change in the way things work comparted to previous os's. its when you get into the backgrounds stuff that pisses me off. i havent messed with it much, but almost nothing so far has been in the same location, control pannel is completely different, no run in the start bar, etc. i am on a pc so much that i dont read the menues much anymore, i just know where I'm going, and vista moved everything on me.. plus I've heard rumors of stability issues, but what ms os hasnt had those?

and dont get me started on office 07, we are in pilot testing for 07 and i am scared shitless.. it workes fine so far but NOTHING looks the same, and guess what!! i work in a place where the majority only use the pc for what they have to to get there job done.. there are gonna be so lost........

our remote support desk is screwed..

Last edited:
It seems to me that every time they put out a new OS, they change things around just to be irritating, or perhaps to make you think there have been a lot of changes. Vista does not allow you to place desktop icons to certain programs, but will only add it to quick launch.
I also needed to use the 'Run' command, and couldn't find it where it's been from day one, under 'Start', 'run'.
I found it in accessories, through a MS techie, and moved it to where it should be.
So far I really don't have any major issues with it, but I'm sure it will keep their tech support staff employed till the next OS comes out.

rolex, I've found that the "search" bar in the start menu works decently as a "run" box. i got tired of looking so i typed "cmd" into the search thing, next thing i know the command box popped up. worked for msconfig to!!

Back