beginner planes and heli suggestions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheckMyBrain

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Its time to expand the collection. I am interested in a plane and helicopter. Under $200 each as I am sure it will more than likely get destroyed if I fly like I drive. Not sure which I will buy first. I want something beginner friendly but dont want something I will get bored with in a month.

They also make planes in that same scale. I've been looking at the P-51 Mustang. It's a really good flying little plane. It also uses the same battery pack as the heli that Ron listed.

I've got the both the mCX and mCP helis and they're a lot of fun to fly indoors.

I would suggest the MCX2 as Olson had suggested above for a first heli. For a first plane I would suggest the Night Vapor RTF If you have any stick time at all you could move up a little to a micro T-28 Trojan Horizon Hobby offers. Just don't be mesmerized by the neat fast looking planes and the nimble flying single rotor helis. Trust me you'll crash em trying to learn and quickly get discouraged!! I took me a quality simulator and about 3 different airframes to get fairly proficient at flying. practice,practice,practice! The Phoenix sim is a great product AND you can crash oth planes and helis for free on it!!!!

Hope this helps.

It's little big for indoor flights(at least at my house) but I still have THIS CX-3 I'd sell. I never have fixed it,so you will have to get a coupe of parts to get it flight ready. I'd have to have $85 shipped for the lot,PM if you're interested. Ad is a year old and says $75,but shipping has went up!

Phoenix is a good sim for helis. It will also plug right into most Spektrum TXs.

I was in the lhs today looking at plane and he suggested a hobby zone champ. I went home and did some research and found nothing but great reviews. Only thing is he wants $110 and I found it everywhere else for $89. But that's typical of my lhs. He's overpriced and always saying support your lhs but if he doesn't support his local customers why support him. Like $5 to $10 more yeah but not that much. Only thing I grab there is fuel and little replacement parts. I live in a small town and need to go to bigger cities at least every 2 weeks to get certain things so I just grab my rc stuff for alot less than. That and he doesn't carry losi at all but the micros.

Back