Thinking about those micro warbird rc planes...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edfrombama

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Good morning to all-

Last night right before bed I looked at the wall where I have my little micro warbird rc planes hung up safe and out of the reach of aggressive house cats, and I realized I was looking at a small part of my past- something I had not thought of in a long, long time.
In my misspent youth, I assembled model airplanes- not vey well, I must admit, but with considerable effort. I can remember thinking when I was about twelve or so that I would so much like to be able to actually FLY my model airplanes and not just build them and then look at them. And that's when last night I realized that with my recently acquired mini warbirds here in my old age, I was doing what I wanted to do when I was twelve.
I have the same airplanes now as I did then, and they are about the same size and dimensions as my long-ago model planes, but these little planes can be taken to the field and put up in the air to answer to my direction- for good or bad.

Isn't it interesting how things turn out in life sometimes.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

As 1 of 7 kids, from an immigrant family, there were no extra money for toys. Parents worked super hard just to make enough to put a roof over our heads, food on the table, and clothes on our backs. The lack of toys, absolutely no way made for a sad, childhood though. On the contrary, it made for a quality upbringing!
As an adult with a wonderful occupation, I can now afford all the "toys" I missed out on as a child. Everyday, I feel so damn fortunate for all I have today and for what I didn't realized I truly had in the past.

Last edited:
I had the same thought one day while at the flying field, I mentioned to to my flying buddy and he totally agreed. I think all kids "flew" their model airplanes around the house at least once, wishing they could really fly. And now that it's possible, most kids would rather play video games. "Sigh"

The blue insulating foam and can motor days, They were good.
I can't fly or ride anymore. Darn brain doesn't do well with orientation or balance at all.

Good evening to all-
Today was a nice day- windy and blustery- but nice. so i took my little warbirds down to the field and flew them. I found it very interesting just how much difference there was between the different planes. some handled the wind and flew great. others were hard to keep in the air without crashing. I believe these little rc planes use essentially the same motors and they all had freshly charged batteries, but there was a real difference in the flying abilities.
I reckon I can account for this by the differences in wing and other structures of the planes.
What do you much more experienced fliers think?

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

They all behave differently. The most stable warbird I've ever flown is the P-47 thunderbolt, my F4F wildcat is a screamer in the air but is tricky to land because of the narrow landing gear.

Back