beginner chassis

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laton7

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I currently have a TL-01 chassis but it is starting to show the beating i am giving it with a large split just behind the motor and I'm currently using glue and gaffa tape to hold it together :S.
So I was wondering if you guys could give me some help with choosing a new chassis or repairing the current one properly. it will be almost 100% on road and could do with being fairly budget!!
i will hopefully be upgrading to brushless motor + esc soon.

Last edited:
I would get the Factory Chassis for an even swap / changeover it's not good practice to hold your current Rig together with glue & duct tape... & with the current chassis having a huge split in it I would REPLACE ASAP & IMO I have never even attempted to repair a chassis I have always gotten a NEW Factory replacment...

Are you looking to race or just bash? Are you looking to run a brushed or brushless? What scale are looking for? These facts can help us to help you.

i will be running brushless, 1/10 scale and bashing only. by the Factory Chassis do you mean get a new chassi? yes it isn't working well atm, as the split keeps opening up and sending my car into the curb :s not fun!

is there any point/can i upgrade the drive-line? also is there a site where i can buy just a rolling chassis. it doesn't have to be tamiya

wow! looking at this just makes me want a new vehicle! :D

i think what would be a better idea would be just buy a brushless kit and keep this as a brushed kit? apart from anything els i then have two cars that i can race with mates :D