Beatin up the RC's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a good time!! Nice videos. In the second one, you said thats an Arrma senton? I've never seen one with a spool in the middle or a motor mount setup like that? My sentons look boring compated to that one.

Ever have any diff issues? I've always heard that self righting is very hard on the diffs so I just don't do it. Of course, I take mine to the skate park and bounce them off concrete from 30ft in the air so I guess diff wear is probably the least of my concern, just curious.

Looks like a good time!! Nice videos. In the second one, you said thats an Arrma senton? I've never seen one with a spool in the middle or a motor mount setup like that? My sentons look boring compated to that one.

Ever have any diff issues? I've always heard that self righting is very hard on the diffs so I just don't do it. Of course, I take mine to the skate park and bounce them off concrete from 30ft in the air so I guess diff wear is probably the least of my concern, just curious.
Yeah I put the V4 motor mount on it, so much easier to deal with gear mesh. The diffs hold up amazing they are EXB diffs which are super strong compared to the normal diffs. Haha skate parks are brutal for sure but, I do feel like exb diffs have a good chance at being one of the last things to break at the skate park.

I put exb diffs in all my Arrma's now, they take self righting all day long. I had to massively beef up my Xmaxx's diffs as well, but now it can self right all day as well.

Comparison pic I did a long time ago:

2023-10-30 17_20_01-Kraton - EXB Diff VS Stock Diff _ ARRMA RC Forum.png

Here is how I treat the X-Maxx haha. She has yet to bust a diff after all the upgrades. As you can see I'll snap a driveshaft before the diff gears lol.

Last edited:
The exb diffs do seem a lot tougher than the standard sets. I did kill one on my 8s outcast but that was because I cracked a housing and didn't notice until it ate the ring gear.

The exb diffs do seem a lot tougher than the standard sets. I did kill one on my 8s outcast but that was because I cracked a housing and didn't notice until it ate the ring gear.
Yeah thatll do it. haha.... Out of all my Arrmas I have smoked 2 EXB ring/pinions in the last 2 years. And before EXB omg I have a large freezer bag of toasted diffs, more $ then id like to even admit or tally up haha. In the Senton though as its smaller tires and less weight I havent done an exb diff in with it. Just in 6s outcast/kratons.

This is what I did to beef up the X-Maxx diffs. Honeslty it's pretty cheap and super duper effective. I also started accumulating a bag of stock traxxas monkey metal diff ring/input's. No longer!!!!

Last edited:
Back