Beadlock wheels

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hood52

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Just got my first set of beadlocks, do you use lock tight on all the screws?

I use Loc Tight but keep in mind, those little screws twist and snap easy so use a soldering iron to heat them up when removing them.

Thanks guys, a friend also seconded what you said about the screws snapping easily. He also reminded me that this isn’t one of my race vehicles. So I won’t be going as fast. I think I’m going to try them without the lock tight for now. And can always use it later if I have a problem.

Just got my first set of beadlocks, do you use lock tight on all the screws?

Not necessary, never lost a screw yet and I have quite a few beadlocks. I will say make sure everything is lined up perfectly before tightening the screws, they do not like being off center.

Not necessary, never lost a screw yet and I have quite a few beadlocks. I will say make sure everything is lined up perfectly before tightening the screws, they do not like being off center.
I have until the rust came it. Now they stay put. Whatever you do, do not buy tiny stainless steel. Just as bad as the cheap factory hardware.

I agree it's not necessary but gives me peace of mind.
Either way works.

I put the new wheels together today, along with some treal outer portal covers.

IMG_1060.jpeg

I've only done 1 set and used loctite. Haven't tried to remove them so don't know if it was a good/bad idea yet. I didnt tighten them down past snug so probably will come out fine if I heat it up some first.

i dont use loctite anywhere, i just always check everything over.

https://bsi-inc.com/hobby/ic_loc_purple.html

I use this on anything screw that goes into metal/aluminum. On my 3d printer as well. You dont need to "tighten" the screw. Just snug it up and good to go. I use them on all the decorative screws on my injora beadlocks and just a smidge on the functional screws that will be removed.
I use it in in all my brass axle/portal housings. I have a gen8 and need to remove the hubs every shock change etc. So been removed a lot and threads are still going strong. And it is pretty easy to clean off the threads as well.

It will not work on anything that gets hot though

Back