battery/reciever box

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drummerjamesh

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
did anyone else find the battery/reciever box to be a pain in the ass to put in...or did you find another way to do it

thanks
James

Yes, it is a pain in the rear. And no, doesn't seem to be an easier way to accomplish it. If you find one, let us all know, and you can be a hero.

haha ill right...ill work on that... so far all i have figured out is to file it down a good bit and make the holes bigger...its a little better but seriously its a great truck, ya think they could make it a little easier (but hey the whole truck is a pain in the rear to take apart)

That depends on how you go about taking the truck apart. Proper removal of key screws and you can remove the front end with little to no trouble; same for the rear...

I'll admit it is not as easy to take apart as the T-maxx is...but then again, the Savage is built to take abuse...and sometimes that means a tough build.

yeah i like its durablity, i know its not that hard to take apart but there are also simpler things then getting the motor to check the back plate....but i am glad there are skid plates

i have a pain putting everything in the receiver box. but if you straitin all your wires and stff out and be organized instead of jut stuffing stuffin their, it would be a little easier. hopefuly someone else can find something easier.
vince

That receiver box lid is a pain in the hind end. So far I think your best bet is just having proper arrangement of the wiring is key. As for taking the truck apart I usually start with the right or engine side TVP and just remove pretty much everything. Most of my issues lately require the engine to get pulled so this is usually easiest for me. Think I can take all that apart and be doing whatever I need to do in about 15 minutes or so now.

As far as putting the lid back on I found out that if you use one hand to pull the front shock tower (assuming you have the plastic one) towards the front bumper that the lid will slide into place much easier.

I saw a tip in RCCA that said to cut the holes out with a dremel basically making the holes a slot so you can just slide the post into the slot instead of posistioning the holes over the topsof the posts then having to jam it down etc... from this o to similar to this n

Originally posted by Maxxcrazy88
I saw a tip in RCCA that said to cut the holes out with a dremel basically making the holes a slot so you can just slide the post into the slot instead of posistioning the holes over the topsof the posts then having to jam it down etc... from this o to similar to this n

This helps but a larger cover would be better and wouldnt be in the way of anything I can see..other than a few cents profit...:>)...RCR