Battery problems?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The RC Car

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey y'all! so I took the slash 4x4 out today, and it overheated once again almost immediately. I'm wondering if this is a battery problem because after I ran it yesterday I plugged in the battery and the charger said it was full. The battery is a Floureon 40c 7.4v 6200mAH 2s LiPo.

btw the battery does not look puffed at all

Your slash 4x4 should be fine running the 2 cell. I'm not sure what your gearing is?? Is something binding in drive train?.check..

It doesn't take a lot of swelling before your battery tray or something else puts a hole in it and they go really fast when exposed to air.
If you keep using it make sure to charge at 1c rate and use a charge bag: store it in a fire proof container like a ammo box.
I would get the LVM and use it. put a piece of Velcro on it and on car so you can use it on all your batteries

I also replaced a bunch of
Your slash 4x4 should be fine running the 2 cell. I'm not sure what your gearing is?? Is something binding in drive train?.check..
I checked to make sure everything was smooth, and it is. My gearing is stock.

It doesn't take a lot of swelling before your battery tray or something else puts a hole in it and they go really fast when exposed to air.
If you keep using it make sure to charge at 1c rate and use a charge bag: store it in a fire proof container like a ammo box.
I would get the LVM and use it. put a piece of Velcro on it and on car so you can use it on all your batteries
My battery is heatshrinked and the ends are epoxied. I don't see any holes or worn through spots. I can send a pic if you want.

Back