Battery problems?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Register Log in

The RC Car

RCNT Talkaholic
RC Driving Style
Bashing
Hey y'all! so I took the slash 4x4 out today, and it overheated once again almost immediately. I'm wondering if this is a battery problem because after I ran it yesterday I plugged in the battery and the charger said it was full. The battery is a Floureon 40c 7.4v 6200mAH 2s LiPo.

tntpoof

RCNT Champion
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
Your slash 4x4 should be fine running the 2 cell. I'm not sure what your gearing is?? Is something binding in drive train?.check..

BobP

RCNT Addict
Supporter
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
It doesn't take a lot of swelling before your battery tray or something else puts a hole in it and they go really fast when exposed to air.
If you keep using it make sure to charge at 1c rate and use a charge bag: store it in a fire proof container like a ammo box.
I would get the LVM and use it. put a piece of Velcro on it and on car so you can use it on all your batteries

The RC Car

RCNT Talkaholic
RC Driving Style
Bashing
I also replaced a bunch of
Your slash 4x4 should be fine running the 2 cell. I'm not sure what your gearing is?? Is something binding in drive train?.check..
I checked to make sure everything was smooth, and it is. My gearing is stock.

The RC Car

RCNT Talkaholic
RC Driving Style
Bashing
It doesn't take a lot of swelling before your battery tray or something else puts a hole in it and they go really fast when exposed to air.
If you keep using it make sure to charge at 1c rate and use a charge bag: store it in a fire proof container like a ammo box.
I would get the LVM and use it. put a piece of Velcro on it and on car so you can use it on all your batteries
My battery is heatshrinked and the ends are epoxied. I don't see any holes or worn through spots. I can send a pic if you want.