Battery Charger question - Super Brian

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratchet1974

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys,

Looking for charger recommendations to charge 2 NiMh packs at once (dual charger). They are going to be for my new e-maxx.

I have 2 sets of 8.4v 4200 Mah t-energy packs on the way.

Basically, I'd like to be able to run one set & charge the others - both at home & from the car (ac/dc).

I was looking at the superbrain 960 - but on a comparison chart, it only looks like its good for cells up to 3700 mah.

Does anyone kno if this is correct ? If it is, do you have any recommendatons for another dual pack charger that's reasonable priced ?

If it isn't & it will work do you need some type of adapter to charge multile cells ?

Thanks in advance - great forum !

I've really wanted the Duratrax Onyx 240. Maybe that'll do it for you.

Go for the 977. It will do it all pretty much. When I got my Super Brain at Hobbytown usa, it was $105. Not sure if you want to spend that much for one but it handle more of what you need. I have a 7cell 4600 I use for the slash and two 6cell 4200s for the E-Maxx.

I looked at that one too & it's a bit more than I want to spend.

I currently have a pro-peak prodigy II (great charger by the way), which I've had for a couple years that's great that I can use, but it only chare one battery at a time.

So I really don't need one that charges more than the batteries for the truck.

Has anyone used this one, and any thoughts ?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPRL3&P=FR

you need power supply for that charger.. that will bring you up to a superbrain 977

Back