Battery charge and charger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatcraig

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
My battery charger is saying battery disconnect and when I try to charge one of the battery it is saying (an shutting off charger) lower voltage. Did I blow a cell or can I save the 3s battery?

What charger is it?
I have warning messages like that with mine (SkyRC T200, ie, connection break)
I would unplug the charger, plug it back in and try again.
If that doesn't work, make sure all wires are all in good shape (including balance leads) and are plugged in the right spots.
After that, and if it still does it, the battery could have a low voltage or high IR. Does the charger have a battery voltage meter and IR reader? If so, try to read those, or if not, use a cell checker.
Now for recovering a lipo if needed, I heard that charging on nimh setting for a minute can get the voltages back up, and you can continue on lipo balance charge from there. (not certain about this tho)

Okay so ill check out the charging it on hmmm instead for awhile
An its a ci50 ac/dc charger 150watt 10amp
I just switched it to nmih and it started charging. So ill let it go a few minutes and switch it back to lipo.
I think the switching it to nmih worked. because now it's charging on Lipo and it wouldn't before.
Yeah its Charging now on Lipo 3s

Last edited:
My charger won't charge my batteries if they drop below 3.5 per cell. I have to bring them up like already stated, make sure to switch back to the lipo mode once they are high enough. I've changed the lvc in my esc's to cut off at 3.5, so I don't have to worry about that anymore.

you can make a single cell charge cable with a servo extension

single cell ballance plug.jpg