Ban me from here to many cry babies that want to talk poop

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The forum was RCNitroTalk.com up until somewhere around 2014-2015ish. Not sure the exact year it changed because I was on hiatus from the hobby during the time when it changed but I believe it was somewhere around there. It was one of the very first stickers I ever put on my hobby bench :)

View attachment 161630
That’s what is was I saw this I think you or another old member shared it

Since this turned into kind of a general talking point post. I may be way out of line or maybe not... So greywolf answered some questions on my post but I have another. How absurd would is be to run my 4tec 3.0 on 12v DeWalt lithium batteries? I have a crap ton of them. And was wondering about it. They have built in low voltage shut off. They are technically 10.8v so would it hurt my titan 12t550???

Since this turned into kind of a general talking point post. I may be way out of line or maybe not... So greywolf answered some questions on my post but I have another. How absurd would is be to run my 4tec 3.0 on 12v DeWalt lithium batteries? I have a crap ton of them. And was wondering about it. They have built in low voltage shut off. They are technically 10.8v so would it hurt my titan 12t550???
You can’t do that, it is cool but you need to upgrade your motor and esc to be 3s compatible, due to 2 cell lipos only being 7.4 volts at 10 volts it is to volts going to it, good idea though and if you overvolt your ESC especially with Lithum battery’s is going to end bad, either you will smoke your electronics system if you get lucky or set it on fire, send me a message if you need help

The titan 12T motor is only rated up to 8.4V so youd be pushing that motor beyond what its rated for and that particular motor isnt known for lasting that long in the first place. Can you do it? Sure. Will it burn the motor up? Eventually it probably would. Whether thats 3 months later or 3 minutes later I can't say but it will take a toll on it.

Another thing to consider is the Dewalt batteries are lithium ion batteries as opposed to lithium polymer. Li-ion has a much lower power density than LiPo so you might end up damaging the battery as well as the motor. I can't say whether or not a Li-Ion has enough power density to power a 12T brushed motor in a rig but my guess would be it might but youd be pushing the battery pretty hard as well.

The titan 12T motor is only rated up to 8.4V so youd be pushing that motor beyond what its rated for and that particular motor isnt known for lasting that long in the first place. Can you do it? Sure. Will it burn the motor up? Eventually it probably would. Whether thats 3 months later or 3 minutes later I can't say but it will take a toll on it.

Another thing to consider is the Dewalt batteries are lithium ion batteries as opposed to lithium polymer. Li-ion has a much lower power density than LiPo so you might end up damaging the battery as well as the motor. I can't say whether or not a Li-Ion has enough power density to power a 12T brushed motor in a rig but my guess would be it might but youd be pushing the battery pretty hard as well.
Yes, that’s what I was saying he messaged me so I can help

Can cause over load possibly fire. I burned up many motors and esc. Have to be careful what you run and what’s compatible

https://www.amainhobbies.com/spektr...rt-esc-motor-combo-3300kv-spmxsemc01/p1261460

Good to see this thread didn’t go south. I’m not even sure where I put the ban stick.

Good to see this thread didn’t go south. I’m not even sure where I put the ban stick.
Everything good man. We all here for one thing and same thing teach, share and meet good people
I love to learn as well as I do and will ask advice. I’m no perfect saint by all means so all ur guys Knowledge helps me too

You both suck. How do you like them apples? Almost made Rob get out of his chair.

Last time I saw it it was leaning up against the end table over by Rolex's recliner. It still had a clump of my hair and blood stuck to the end of it. NCNitro didnt bother to clean it up after he hit me with it. 🤣🤣🤣

You both suck. How do you like them apples? Almost made Rob get out of his chair.
I’m not scared lol!!! I’m Rob too and I think you suck first post I seen from you. I don’t eat apples I like oranges🍊🍊

It’s not on you Doom somebody here has more knowledge and thinks he knows it all and pissed me off.
Nobody likes know it alls. I am new to this game and I am learning all the time.
You gotta wait till next Friday. Thats my drinkin' night 🤣
Lolarama! 😂
Any way we can turn this into a short film?
I have had some acting experience. A lot of people think I am like Charlie Sheen.... with alcohol issues.🥴

Last edited:
Sucks wish my 2 hands worked good carpal tunnel bad in my left but I still have a mouth. That gets me in trouble sometimes

Back