Backyard Track design help?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man sorry to hear that it suck bad. I hate it.
I got one cam on the back porch but i got a Shed on the side of my shop. Cam in my shop but they come up the creek at night and get in my shed. Its open. I'm going to put cams up along the creek, and in my shed tho. Ill catch them eventually. Ill get all cell cams that text me when they detect motion.
I had my apartment robbed while at work about 5 years ago. Lost about $10k worth of stuff. It makes ya sick. I was ready to kill somebody that day for sure. I now have csmeras, even though I never leave.
I get this track done your gonna have to leave and come down. I got a place ya sleep to.

I think i got the 2 local dirt tracks going to sponsor it and a somewhat local garage going to pitch in now. Pays to know people. We may have a weekly 1000 guaranteed dirt oval race.
One guy is the guy we sold ponderosa speedway to. If you wanna see some awesome super latemodels race thats the track to go to. I spent thousands of hours on a grader cutting the banking perfect for 3 wide racing there.

I get this track done your gonna have to leave and come down. I got a place ya sleep to.
If I were able to handle a car ride, I'd be sll over that. My condition keeps me within 20 minutes of my recliner lol. We have that track here in town that I can't even make it to. By the time I got that far, my back would be beggin to go home.

That's awesome on having friends willing to chip in. Hell, those two tracks have tractors. Can you borrow one?

Idk. I hate to borrow stuff. It always seems to tear up on me lol.

Got my little tractor. No dam clue how to hook this tiller up lol. Its belt driven and i don't have a pully that i can find to hook it to. Might have to buy some kind of attachment. Soon as figure this out the track will be started.

Attachments

• 20220418_173857_HDR.jpg
    20220418_173857_HDR.jpg
    453.7 KB · Views: 52
Got my little tractor. No dam clue how to hook this tiller up lol. Its belt driven and i don't have a pully that i can find to hook it to. Might have to buy some kind of attachment. Soon as figure this out the track will be started.
Mount you a 5hp Briggs on the tiller 😉

Got a motor for my tiller. Hopefully get to start on the track this week. Going to be a nice one.
Mount you a 5hp Briggs on the tiller 😉
That what I'm doing. Only one tiller in the us for sale thats made for my tractor. Went to harbor freight and got a 6.5 hp engine to mount on it. Going tomorrow to get the steel and weld up the mounts and everything.

Yea i have looked and looked. Found one in Minnesota. Only one for sale in the usa.
I hope i can get it all done tomorrow but idk. No plans really just building on the fly.

Its just a small lot with a trailer on it. But i can keep crack heads from moving back in now. Gives me about 10 more feet in width tho.
I live with the walking dead too. 🤣
Vinegar or salt water or even a tarp laid out will be effective and healthier ways to treat an area, especially where your food is.

Totally jealous of your area.

Lmao. The walking dead. That's 100% accurate.
Not even got my garden out yet. No choice but to get this thing going. I need some fresh vegetables.

Its rained about every day. This was yesterday right where my track will be.
Looks much better today. Got 100ft of pipe to get a layout started and its started raining again.
Screenshot_20220507-133347_(1).png

Attachments

• 20220507_144001.jpg
    20220507_144001.jpg
    726.3 KB · Views: 49
I got 200 ft of pipe. 500 ft of boards i can put up. How would you lay that out wicked?

20220507_174704_HDR.jpg

20220507_174645_HDR.jpg

Could also build it here. If i really wanna go full time. 30 plus acres here. Bathrooms, concessions, and could have a hobby shop.
20220507_174704_HDR.jpg

20220507_174645_HDR.jpg

Could also build it here. If i really wanna go full time. 30 plus acres here. Bathrooms, concessions, and could have a hobby shop.

Attachments

• 20220507_174709_HDR.jpg
    20220507_174709_HDR.jpg
    616.1 KB · Views: 44
Having that building on the track would be awesome.

As far as laying it out, I would start laying out the inside corners with the pipe and use the boards on the outer boundries and straights. You're going to need a lot of stakes to pin it all down.

Finally almost got my tiller ready to go. Gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes
20220508_190643_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• 20220508_190658_HDR.jpg
    20220508_190658_HDR.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 20220508_190709_HDR.jpg
    20220508_190709_HDR.jpg
    803.3 KB · Views: 43
20220508_205358_HDR.jpg

Redneck engineering lol. Just gotta drill 4 holes and mount the engine. No rain in the forecast tomorrow so i should get to test it out.

Your off to a great start! I was gonna reccomend rocks and a drainfield, but thats too much water!

Back