Backyard Track design help?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could go back farther to but i was leaving about 20 ft between the track and creek. I'm scared my boy would jump the track and drown one.

Attachments

• 20220417_123547.jpg
    20220417_123547.jpg
    679.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 20220417_123647_HDR.jpg
    20220417_123647_HDR.jpg
    575.7 KB · Views: 49
Cool. That will be a nice spot for a track. Lets just add jumps over the creek 😉😆😁

Where on your diagram is the new property? Can ya get me a new diagram?

Cool. That will be a nice spot for a track. Lets just add jumps over the creek 😉😆😁

about 40ft over to the gravel driveway in front of the trailer. Soon as i get that crack head gone. Courts ordered her gone on the 6th. Shes still there. The guy i bought it from said for me to go ahead throw her and her stuff out but I'm gonna wait until the deed search comes back and i get it transferred.
I may rent it to someone. If i do ill keep the track far enough from the driveway to not throw dirt on there vehicles. Or put up a wall.

about 40ft over to the gravel driveway in front of the trailer. Soon as i get that crack head gone. Courts ordered her gone on the 6th. Shes still there. The guy i bought said for me to go ahead throw her and her stuff out but I'm gonna until the deed search comes back and i get it transferred.
I may rent it to someone. If i do ill keep the track far enough from the driveway to not throw dirt on there vehicles. Or put up a wall

I wish i could afford the field across the creek. Its about 25 acres or so. Be a real nice track lol.

Attachments

• 20220417_124639.jpg
    20220417_124639.jpg
    678.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 20220417_124941_HDR.jpg
    20220417_124941_HDR.jpg
    656.9 KB · Views: 54
Damn, that is a nice spot for a track. Will be less grass to mow too. Hell, with mower gas prices where they are now, the track will pay for itself in a year! 🤣

Hell with renting it. Put a ladder to the roof, build a driver platform up there, and turn the trailer into a hobby shop/parts store 😉

Damn, that is a nice spot for a track. Will be less grass to mow too. Hell, with mower gas prices where they are now, the track will pay for itself in a year! 🤣

Hell with renting it. Put a ladder to the roof, build a driver platform up there, and turn the trailer into a hobby shop/parts store 😉
Lol. I doubt i can convince the wife of that. But i Defiantly hate mowing. I got my old john deer out yesterday going to take it to the shop and get the deck fixed. Warped pully.
Had a new battery on it last year when i parked it in the Shed. Opened the hood and the meth heads have stolen my battery.
So i gotta put the new one on today and try to scalp the lawn as low as i can, then hopefully till it up tomorrow.

I hope i can find a front bucket for my little mini tractor i got to. That will make it simple to build a track.
They don't make them anymore tho so i gotta find a old used one.
My shop got flooded so its a disaster right now. But when i get it cleaned back out ill have a place for a small shop.
Got a cnc mill and lathe to if i wasn't so lazy and or didn't suck at cad i could probably make a nice chassis.
Lol. I doubt i can convince the wife of that. But i Defiantly hate mowing. I got my old john deer out yesterday going to take it to the shop and get the deck fixed. Warped pully.
Had a new battery on it last year when i parked it in the Shed. Opened the hood and the meth heads have stolen my battery.
So i gotta put the new one on today and try to scalp the lawn as low as i can, then hopefully till it up tomorrow.

I hope i can find a front bucket for my little mini tractor i got to. That will make it simple to build a track.
They don't make them anymore tho so i gotta find a old used one.

Attachments

• 20220417_131451_HDR.jpg
    20220417_131451_HDR.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 20220417_131429_HDR.jpg
    20220417_131429_HDR.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 20220417_131502.jpg
    20220417_131502.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Man, the things I could make on an NC mill. Very nice. Do you have a rotary table and sine plate?

On the tilling the grass under...
You'd be better off renting a sod machine and peeling the sod layer off. Otherwise, you'll just be tilling the grass and weeds in, which will just come right back up. Clay would help prevent that, but since you are just using dirt for now, you might consider that.

Last edited:
No i don't have either one. Ill call tomorrow and see about renting one. Idk if the local rental place has them or not. They probably do tho.

No i don't have either one. Ill call tomorrow and see about renting one. Idk if the local rental place has them or not. They probably do tho.

You don't know anyone with a front loader ,if you did ,that would make a good sod cutter ,even
a bobcat ,nice property!..😎👍

Not right off. My neighbor has a huge swivel front end loader but he stays super busy hauling dirt and gravel.
I want to get a front end loader for my little mini garden tractor but no luck finding one yet. Hate to rent something when that money could go twords buying an attachment lol but i may have to.

The rental places should have a sod machine. They are pretty common in the shops here. We rented them a few times.

But I like Baker's thinking. A Bobcat or loaded would be a lot faster. And you could build the jumps while you're at it.

I have never used a tiller behind a small tractor. If i just till say three inches deep. I should be able to take a scoop shovel scrape that up after tilling and dump it on my shooting backstop?
Sounds like a good plan if those little tillers are adjustable like that.
I do got a 4 wheeler and small wagon to haul it on. My boy needs the exercise of scraping it up lol.

I have never used a tiller behind a small tractor. If i just till say three inches deep. I should be able to take a scoop shovel scrape that up after tilling and dump it on my shooting backstop?
Sounds like a good plan if those little tillers are adjustable like that.
I do got a 4 wheeler and small wagon to haul it on. My boy needs the exercise of scraping it up lol.
Yeah, most tillers have an adjustable depth. The walk behind ones use a bar that digs the tines in by creating drag. The deeper you set the bar, the more drag, the more depth. Ones that mount to a tractor will have an adjustable depth.

But speaking from experience, man that sounds like a lot of work!

You can also treat the ground ,but is costly ,can use pre-emergent weed control & ground clear weed & grass killer!..😎

Yeah, most tillers have an adjustable depth. The walk behind ones use a bar that digs the tines in by creating drag. The deeper you set the bar, the more drag, the more depth. Ones that mount to a tractor will have an adjustable depth.

But speaking from experience, man that sounds like a lot of work!
Yea i got a walk behind to. Kinda glad it was tore up tho because when i took it to the mower shop i found that little garden tractor lol.
Yea it will be a lot of work. May just spray it and say hell with it lol.
I got weed killer but i think it only kills weeds and not grass.
You can also treat the ground ,but is costly ,can use pre-emergent weed control & ground clear weed & grass killer!..😎
I got some 2 4 d but it only kills weeds.
Ill probably grab some rm18. It kills everything probably not to good for people either tho and my garden will be right beside it so idk lol.

Last edited:
All of those weed and grass killers are pretty bad. Plus you living right next to a stream wouldn't be a good place to spray that stuff in that kinda volume.

Yea i read up on them. I'm not using any of them around my kids. Here a little tractor like the one I'm getting tomorrow. Mine has the tiller attachment and I'm going to see if i can get a blade like that. Might be slow but i should be able to scrape the grass off pretty easy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220417-213238.png
    Screenshot_20220417-213238.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
Nice. Just mark out the track with spray paint, then invite the neighbors over for lawnmower races. The track will be done in a day 😉😁😆

Nice. Just mark out the track with spray paint, then invite the neighbors over for lawnmower races. The track will be done in a day 😉😁😆
Haha lol. My other neighbors battery got stolen off his mower to. Dang meth heads are bad here. I really called the sheriff and told him.i was going to shoot the next one i caught on my property. He said do what ya gotta do. Lol. He arrest em judge lets em out the next day.
I don't have a whole lot but i worked my butt off for what i got and i plan to keep the rest of it.
And we live in the country. I couldn't imagine living in a city now days.

I had my apartment robbed while at work about 5 years ago. Lost about $10k worth of stuff. It makes ya sick. I was ready to kill somebody that day for sure. I now have csmeras, even though I never leave.

Back