Back wheels spin when I pull the pull start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rc legend

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hi,u was just putting my car back together & i have a weird problem,when i pull on the pull start the back wheels turn? whats happening here ? I'm sure that's not suppose to happen? it happened before but can't remember what I've don't wrong,help please!

I don't remember putting your car back together if I'm honest, maybe you meant to type I?
Anyways, sounds like your clutch spring is worn out/broken. :)

You might also want to retype your post with your hands, not your face.

haha yeah sorry,i ment I
Sorry, I don't know what that post was, either. There was no period so I don't know if that was a finished sentence. If you really expect the first rate help you get on this forum, PLEASE take a few extra seconds to write is so we can understand it. Most members ignore posts they have to interpret. We're not a 90 MPH chat room.

I'll give this one a go..

EDITED Hi. i was putting my car back together and
I encountered a weird problem. When i pull on the pull start, the back wheels turn. What's happening here?
It happened before but I can't remember what went wrong, Help please!

Not trying to be a smart@ss, I'm just trying to get you the help you're asking for.
I agree with the others, sounds like a clutch issue. What kind of car do you have?

all sorted,the screw was to tight on the clutch bell so it wasn't spinning freely!silly me!

all sorted,the screw was to tight on the clutch bell so it wasn't spinning freely!silly me!
Good that you got it fixed. Now all you need to do is apply a speed limit to the speed you type, this time preferably with your hands.

The screw should be tight. If it binds when you tighten it, then you need to adjust your shims. If it's loose at all, it will fall out when your running. Best case, will mess up your shoes, spur and lose your bearing and existing shims.