Back in the day good stuff

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattyfats420

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I picked up a rustler for cheap today and it came with all the great electronic from probably 10-12 years ago.

Who remembers the Novak super rooster esc?
Proline dirt works tires.
Venom 3600mah nimh battery.
Futaba s3003 servo.

Not sure what motor is in there but I can see the timing marks on it.

It sure how old the rustler is but all the plastics and the trans case is black.

Blast from the past lol
89ED22F2-C3CC-42B2-BBD8-867CDB511802.jpeg

I bought one ,I remember the $ 134.00 price tag!

I remember not being able to afford one lol. But it was very popular when I first started getting into rc’s. Somewhere around 2007

I remember my first RC back in..omg i show my age... The 80's? It was a Kyosho with the old resistor speed control. And iwas told you can again order the Kyosho Optima.. I might have to do it.. I like my Bandits I build and customize still today.. But the old school stuff is just still fun to build.. Like the Frog.. Good find on that truck.

my roommate ended up finding an old frog and a blackfoot at a garage sale a few years ago, both still had the manual speed control and everything. someone had spray pained the frog body though.

The Super Rooster ,really wasn't needed ,it was a over kill for a racer ,I was a basher an needed it for
12 to 14.4 volt monster truck build!

LOl....I remember Novak cleaning up Traxxas mess!

I was away from the rc scene for about 10 years. It’s amazing now things have changed.

I was away from the rc scene for about 10 years. It’s amazing now things have changed.

In 1989 ,I had a 60 mph drag car ,with modified brushed motor an the batteries of that era ,it would
only last two runs ,then the batteries would need charged!...LOL