Axial Yeti XL teaser

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
yeti_comparison2.jpg

From the Axial blog:
You DIDN’T ask for it, you didn’t expect this size from us. You said all we do is re-badge our existing AX10, SCX10 and Wraith platforms… but good grief Charlie Brown, we are only nine years young!

While you’ve been hugging your SCX10 branded pillow case, we’ve been quietly working away for the past two years on some newness; first came the Yeti and now the Yeti XL!

Yes, it’s real, yes it’s big. Yes, we did it our way and that just takes a little longer than most!

The playground just got a lot smaller – YETI XL

Well they did get the first sentence correct. The amount of re-badging from Axial has been very high. Looking forward to seeing the new Axial Yeti XL.

Additional Axial Yeti XL info here.

Looking forward to this one. I hope they made it tough due to the tendency for balls to the wall throttle mashing when rock racing. I'm talking Savage tough. Not TMaxx tough. LOL

Aww the cheesy "spy" video. :rolleyes:

There is now a full review over at Squid.

This thing is bigger than I thought. Wheelbase is only about 3" shorter than the HPI Baja.

Really like how the entire body is hinged and flips up for easy access.

Man it would be something if this XL craze took off. I think it would be neat for them (Axial) to offer an XL version for the rest of the fleet.

But that means that they would need more than the old 3.3 for the nitros...

This thing is bigger than I thought. Wheelbase is only about 3" shorter than the HPI Baja.
So nearly the same size as a 1/5th scale R/C and done entirely in plastic? Should be interesting.

assuming i get rid of my boat and possibly my TF2 i will do a review after i manage to break it in half.......lol
at a 699.00 street price ill have to sell something off to buy it....lol

It's big, I'll give it that. Castle system likely isn't waterproof, so even with the upcoming two speed addition low speed resolution for crawling will suffer a lot. For a waterproof bash rig that migh do some light crawling it will probably be alright. One of the things the smaller Axials always have going for them is the aftermarket companies being quick to release upgrades for common parts. It will be interesting to see if the same holds true for the XL, and I don't even want to know what those parts will cost having owned a 1/5 scale. Patrick, you buy it, and I'll just come drive yours. :D

I want them both....but I don't wanna/can't sell any of my lawn ornaments...lol. I need to focus on the wraith....one toy at a time.

they claim its waterproof, but I'm sure its splash proof, ill probably use it as a basher i have to many crawlers now, aftermarket support is my only concern. You know I'm not selfish ill pass over the TX :)

I noticed in several parts of the video, the beadlocks suck on the XL as bad as they do on the small version. Seems to hold its own, of course they arent gonna show what broke or how many times they had to re-do the beads on the tires.

Last edited:
So I read what Woodie posted and I noticed that this things shock bodies are a whole 2mm wider than the I-RC shocks.

The places I have to run are not suited for my smaller rigs so I don't run them. Can't use my gassers due to noise. This looks like it will fit the bill and I already have a pair if 2s packs I can use. I'll be looking hard at the real world reviews after it's released. I would not be a buyer until after winter so I have plenty of time to see what kinks the rig has.

You bring up a good point Rob, and one that is often overlooked. Not everywhere will be tolerant of the noise levels for 1/5 scale gassers. Agree on letting others guinea pig it also.

Once all the "new" wraith parts get here, I might consider this, if it come on the market, before I spend the money I got for my dropped forest green chevy short box. Damn, I already miss that truck.

Why do all four wheels flail around so much?
Is that because of the suspension set up?

Back