Axial SCX24 question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never timed it, but I would say 20 minutes easy. I mostly crawl and not zip around full throttle very often, so that helps with the run time.

I've never pushed mine to see how far it would go, but I usually fool with it for about 20 minutes or so. I have a few, so I like to give them all some time to play.

20 minutes is a safe time. I have never driven ours to the cutoff point, and they have ran at least 20 minutes.

We are getting close to an hour, mostly in low, and sometimes medium. The guys at the shop hooked us up with connections so we can charge it off our “real“ charger and not the supplied usb one.

The very first thing I did when I bought both of mine was throw away the supplied charger and ordered the correct connectors so I could charge them with my own charger.

Thanks guys. My 1st crawler has LiPo. My second crawler a 1/16 exc Temper doesn’t. it amazing the difference. I bought a second bigger battery for the exc I take both when doing outdoor crawling. I think if I were to get a SCX24 for an indoor truck I would opt for a second battery. I get carried away when crawling.:)

My run time usually runs out before my lipo does.:(
But doesn't your run time depend on your LiPo mainly...oh, never mind, just a random joker again (🤣🤣 JK)
The very first thing I did when I bought both of mine was throw away the supplied charger and ordered the correct connectors so I could charge them with my own charger.
Yeah, a lot of these RTR USB chargers, are, well, to say it bluntly, garbage. 90% of the aren't balance chargers, which, can cause all kinds of problems. They decrease the life of your packs, and they can be unsafe too.

While we’re on the subject, what’s the top speed you guys have gotten in the speed mode on yours? @Tunedpipe have you done a speed test?
A speed test on my scx24 ? I'm old and busted up and can still out run it...:D It's a crawler bud with a very tiny motor, it isn't built for running fast.

Parts of this are with the speed limiter switch set to max and the truck is running flat out. I walk with a cane and I can keep up with it.

Back