Axial SCX10 w/ RC4WD CMS/Panhard Kit Clearance Issue...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay so it all looks great and bolted up real smooth, the only issue I see is when the truck fully articulates the left (driver) side the panhard bar hits the top of the axle housing pumpkin preventing full flex. My question is if it needs to be adressed or it it will be fine, if it needs fixing would simply putting a slight bemd in the bar just enough to reach 100% flex affect anything such as mis-alignment or loose axle/accesories or anything of that sort?

Sorry for the lousy pic quality they were taken with a potato. The first pic simply shows the link w/o any flex and the 2nd is of course full flex @ 85-90%.

Would love to fix this issue befoere my kit is done so I can hit the trails this weekend!!

Thanks!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394840366185.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394840366185.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 323
  • uploadfromtaptalk1394840487521.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394840487521.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:
I'm not sure on the SCX based CMS kits, but I know on the Wraith the same thing happens. You don't lose much travel, but you do lose a tiny bit. Also, even with the stock setup on the SCX your draglink will hit the frame rail before you reach full travel also, so you don't quite get full travel either way if it's any consolation.

Interesting, is the loss of travel going to be enough to bust that ph-bar with a decent sized impact from a crash or anything..?

Id like to bend it slightly but dont know if it can be done without any negative affects..

I'd roll with it as is. I don't think that it will hurt anything.