axial motors...thoughts?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outlawbrett

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
does anybody know anything about axial motors? preferrably the axial .28 RR-2? got my hands on another trophy truggy roller for a project, an was looking at that motor. numbers wise it looks good. i was thinking this motor, picco .28 or another lrp z28. all pullstart. love the lrp z28 i have, just like to have different brands.

---------- Post added at 8:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:29 PM ----------

does anybody know anything about axial motors? preferrably the axial .28 RR-2? got my hands on another trophy truggy roller for a project, an was looking at that motor. numbers wise it looks good. i was thinking this motor, picco .28 or another lrp z28. all pullstart. love the lrp z28 i have, just like to have different brands.
or the picco .28 boost

Axial nitro motors have had a spotty quality record. You're much better off with a Picco or LRP.

They are great engines, until you run them. Sadly they are not much (if any) stronger than a stock engine, they get SUPER picky to tune and keep running at the one gallon mark. I've had a couple and they both sucked after a little bit. So a mild picky to tune and run engine. No thanks. As Hamz said, LRP and Picco all the way. Since I went to those two brands I have never looked back.

thanks for the replys guys...i think it will be a picco then.

You will not be sorry. Sure it cost more in the begining but it is cheaper than buying a new engine every year.
have u heard anything about the picco evo2 .28? is that a better motor then the "regular" picco .28? i know the evo2 is a turbo head. are there more postives runninng a turbo headed motor versus a non turbo head? i know that both motors are prolly good, was leaning toward the evo2 only because of looks of the head. it looks better then the reg. picco .28

Back