AX-10 Finally Legit, LF Pack Change!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy way to figure out you charge rate is it is .1 amps per 100mah so .1 x 1300= 1.3 amp charge rate, since you were charging at a higher rate it probably hit the peak voltage before it was at full capacity, as for balancing I balance mine as they charge only because just because I have a balancer that plugs into the balance tap and balances while the pack charges. But like Lloyd said it does not have to be done every time you charge.

Will these packs hold a charge for a long time unused or do I need to discharge them if they sit for a week or 2? And wow these packs are on steroids compared to nimh ha she does small wheelies now

For a week or two you should be fine, for long term storage they recommend storing them at 60% capacity.

what are average charge temps for lipo?

what are average charge temps for lipo?

I honestly have never really monitored a lipo packs temp, when charged at the proper amps they never seem to get much over the temperature of the place they are being charged, the only time I have had them get fairly warm was after running it hard for 6 minutes at a comp using a lot of wheel speed.

Okay potential problem? When I go to charge it says low voltage, is my pack shot?

Error code says voltage is set lower than the lithium program but all is set the same...... errrrrrr

Last edited:
Any ideas? I need to be charged by saturday. Would having a deans plug as my charge lead be why?

Ummm yeah if it says low voltage then it might be shot. Not sure how your pack could have gone under the cutoff though as long as it was setup right. You might want to check in the electric section or maybe post there about bringing one back to voltage, seems like sometimes it can be done and sometimes not, I think its done by charging at a very low rate on nimh or something, not positive though.

I left it connected to my rig while it was off but my bec remains lit up if it is plugged in to a charged pack

Yeap if you have a bec you MUST unplug the battery every time. I personally get rid of my off/on switches on my esc's and just use the battery.

I can't promise that its the same but like on all my castle and holmes esc's I just cut the switch off then wire the pos and neg together. I'm not positive how that fxr's switch is. If its just a little on off switch with two wire going into it, then it should work the same.

its the same, scared to try but worth a shot indeed

I had a pack do this and put it on my 2-3 cell balance charger that charges through the balance tap instead of the deans plug at a lower charge rate and it is fine now, it looks like this
ven0653.jpg

Tryin to avoid spendin money, if i can't revive with what i got ill trash the pack lesson learned:(

Yeah they are cheap enough that you could just by a couple new ones, and like you said lesson learned...

Yeah they are cheap enough that you could just by a couple new ones, and like you said lesson learned...

Ya glad I got 2 lol, thought I could drain like nimhs n cads but I guessed wrong lol