Attack of the clones

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paintboy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi just joined. Got my interest back, but going from nitro to electric. I already had a b6 clone charger and think it's not reliable now.
It'll discharge and charge a simple 2 cell 18650 with balance leads but doesn't charge a 5 or 6s.
So l ve just bought two 3300ah lipos. Haven't done anything but check voltage and they are 11.1. Then put them on charger with balance leads connected and it turns itself off after 2 minutes. Tried storage charge and it went for around 113 minutes, then finished.It read 11.59v but meter said 11.81v.
Also said 1136 ah( it's 3300ah battery).
Last point is all three voltages were different
I don't want to waste more time on a crap charger, this says to me it's not right

Welcome to the forum! It’s time for a new charger! I have the Hitec RDX1 Pro and it’s great! You can save up to 10 charging profiles, view individual cell voltage, and view individual cell IR. It also has computer software which you connect the charger to a computer and it allows you to monitor the charging.

many times a meter will give a different voltage than a charger. I check out the M6 or even M7 charger good little charger got 1 to test a few years ago.. A b6 anything was never a quality to dependable charger...you need a charger to did charge a 3 cell lipo id invest in either a few brake light bulbs and use a battery alarm or buy a designated battery discharger . fyi a 1157 bulb using both elements in series will deliver 10 amps. so 3 1157 will get you a 30 amp load should take less than 15 minutes to discharge ur 3 cells id use a fan on bulbs.

Back