Associated Reflex 14t/14b

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That used to be a common way to sell parts even for 1/10 scale, hpi does that too unless they are upgrade parts, it does suck though having to spend 15$ for a single plastic bushing though lol
Definitely post some pics of the T-bone!

i'll try to get someone to grab some video with my phone this wed. We'll have at least two of them running practice laps on the turf track at Maximus RC :)

Luckily someone at Horizon screwed up and tossed two packages rubber-banded together of the parts tree I ordered. Got a two-fer :D
Tbone racing bumpers arriving today. Didn't get any video last wed (kinda forgot) but two other guys will be bringing their Reflexes next wed night so I'll be sure to get some footage of something.

Hobbytown is sending me replacement shock bodies/collars. Still can't say much for the AE "support" I received. Still can't believe they wouldn't send me literally $4 in parts.

Another little thing I have to gripe about with this vehicle is the way Associated sells replacements. I let my buddy run a few laps at the turf track the other night and he busted the right caster block when he put it in to the concrete wall at speed :dead:. Wasn't even mad though, we had a good laugh about it. :D But I can't just buy a set of caster blocks. I have to buy the entire plastic parts tree it comes on which is front casters, rear hubs, and a bunch of inserts I don't want or need... Almost every part of this car is sold on a part tree 'set" instead of individual parts. I guess I'll have spares but I'm literally spending 2x-3x as much for the one part I need. Can't say I'm a fan of this method.

Tbone just released a front and rear bumper for this as well. Just ordered a set, specially if I let him drive it again, :D:D:D
Ecx does this same thing. In the rear wheel of the 1/10 Ruckus under the hex nut is a small spacer so the hex nut doesn't bottom out before it is tight. I lost one, and I wanted to replace them and get some spare wheel hexes at the same time, but alas I can't buy just those or the hexes I have to buy this https://www.horizonhobby.com/front-rear-suspension-mount-set:-1-10-2wd-ruckus--torment-ecx2006
My 1/18 Ruckus was the worst. I stripped a gear in one of the butter soft plastic diffs that it has and you can't just buy the internal gears or just a diff you have to buy an entire flipping bulkhead at $28 a pop!!!!!! https://www.horizonhobby.com/assembled-transmission--front:1-18th-4wd-all-ecx212000

Last edited:
does anyone know if there are tracks in michigan that still race the reflex or other 1/14 1/16 scale and would they allow the rally body over traditional buggy truggy
IMG_20210630_180109307.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210630_194526197.jpg
    IMG_20210630_194526197.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 44
Back