Associated RC8 Wheel nuts... 17mm?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anyone know if these are like standard 17mm nuts?
Standard
RC8 Nut

I just lost one on my OFNA X1 buggy and I don't feel like paying $8 shipping for a $5 part... and I don't really need anything else.

I found RC8 nuts at a site that ships for .99 that I've bought stuff from before. I did a search on the site for 'nut' and went through 300+ items looking for 17mm nuts... no joy.

Thanks guys.

This is where I found them with .99 shipping: http://www.liquidrc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=52870

They might be a slightly different thread...know AE uses standard sizes and OFNA metric you might have an issue.....but for 99c try it....

I have read that they are 17mm.

i've used liquidRC. not bad at all. i ordered a bunch of mini-T stuff from there. they had an RC18 RPM bumper in a mini-T RPM bumper bag... but they took care of it.

for the no bullshit shipping... it's worth it =P

Well... I bought a couple of the nuts. And $35 worth of other crap. Guess I'll really get my $1 worth. I'll post up if they fit or not when they get here.

I just talked to Hobby People and they say any standard 17mm Wheel nut from a truggy or buggy will be a direct fit.

Hobby people lied. At least they don't fit OFNA hubs. They screw on about 1-2 threads, but then they bind. That was a waste of $6... and now I'm nutless!

I know that's a slam at myself, but it's still funny.

Anyone got any spare nuts? I can almost guarantee my LHS doesn't carry them... they don't even have a 1/8 buggy in the store. Neither of them do.

olds, can u post a pic of what u need. i might have a couple laying around if what i'm picturing is the right thing. if u dont mind off colors...i have a couple gold ones from an old ofna buggy.

and good luck being nutless...

Hey Olds, I have spare nuts to spare.... Let me know. Sorry bout the Hobbypeople thing. They are the only ones that had it in stock. I will send you a few if you would like. colors may differ per set.