Arrma senton 4x4 3s cogging

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrison

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I just replaced the slipper pads on my arrma senton 4x4 and now it’s cogging. Any ideas on why or how to fix it?

mightve messed up the mesh? check it

Cogging is an issue with the motor but if its having trouble getting going at low speeds then my guess would be the slipper isnt tight enough and is slipping. I dont know of anything else that would produce similar results to cogging.

I just replaced the slipper pads on my arrma senton 4x4 and now it’s cogging. Any ideas on why or how to fix it?
Cogging happens when the ESC can't find the position of the rotor inside the stator. Naturally it can't because it's not sensored. Has absolutely 0 to do with replacing slipper pads. BLX ESC's don't offer timing settings, unfortunately, you are stuck with factory timing too. The best way to get rid of cogging on a factory ESC is to gear it properly, set the punch higher or at the highest it goes and make sure there is no binding anywhere in the drive train. High punch means lighter trigger finger till you get used to it. ;)

Cogging happens when the ESC can't find the position of the rotor inside the stator. Naturally it can't because it's not sensored. Has absolutely 0 to do with replacing slipper pads. BLX ESC's don't offer timing settings, unfortunately, you are stuck with factory timing too. The best way to get rid of cogging on a factory ESC is to gear it properly, set the punch higher or at the highest it goes and make sure there is no binding anywhere in the drive train. High punch means lighter trigger finger till you get used to it. ;)
If it wasn't cogging before he changed slipper pads then it isnt cogging now. Its an old thread anyway so its a moot point.

If it wasn't cogging before he changed slipper pads then it isnt cogging now. Its an old thread anyway so its a moot point.
Yeah I noticed after I posted, I only looked at your date like an idiot lol. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah I noticed after I posted, I only looked at your date like an idiot lol. 🤷‍♂️
lol, I did the same thing when I replied to it the other day. I didnt realzie it was an old thread until I typed that

Settle down fellas, it was I who resurrected this old thread. 😁

Look at it this way, someone is going to find this old thread that didn't have closure and it may help them. 🙃

Back