Arrma Red has to go!! Not a fan of red

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STONER RC

BUILD it, SEND it, BASH it, FIX it, REPEAT
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
  6. Boating
So just purchased the Arrma 1/5 Kra8.. But there's way to much red on this RC for me to handle. So in STONER fashion we are going to change it all to BLUE. 😉😁🤪🤣👍
Some RPM A arms. Braces, steering, shocks, rear links, stearing links..and what ever I can find. If I can't find it. Will wrap the parts in a vinyl wrap Not sure about the top brace fitting since this is a single piece. The EXB has a double top brace we will see how it goes...

Attachments

• 16520182705427614068306715400714.jpg
    16520182705427614068306715400714.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 16520183517269114316291137168594.jpg
    16520183517269114316291137168594.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 16520183985689129941071942848501.jpg
    16520183985689129941071942848501.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 1652018425495758039364825408121.jpg
    1652018425495758039364825408121.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 16520184369655076947656877445100.jpg
    16520184369655076947656877445100.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 41
Try dyeing the Arrma red parts purple? A good compromise between red and blue. :thumbs-up:

Yeah, a little red goes a long way. Usually, a sprinkling of red to accent black does it for me. Otherwise, its purple or blue. In that order.

Post up the finished chassis. Like to see how it looks. Good luck. Cheers. 'AC'

Try dyeing the Arrma red parts purple? A good compromise between red and blue. :thumbs-up:

Yeah, a little red goes a long way. Usually, a sprinkling of red to accent black does it for me. Otherwise, its purple or blue. In that order.

Post up the finished chassis. Like to see how it looks. Good luck. Cheers. 'AC'
Can't die the red parts a different color. First they are all aluminum anodized red... And dieing red plastics to another color. You would need to die them white first. For a good die job.. Even with the black parts would need to die them white first. To actually change the color. Ornitbwould be a mess

You can't dye parts white if they are already dyed. You can only go darker unfortunately.

Easy-squeezy. Scuff up the AL and powder coat 'em purple. Or blue for you. Hopefully the RPM composites are up to task in replacing the aluminum. Usually RPM is pretty tough replacing composite with composite for an improvement in reliability. Cheers. 'AC'

I actually prefer red to blue. But I like all colors. Just depends on the vehicle.

Can't die the red parts a different color. First they are all aluminum anodized red... And dieing red plastics to another color. You would need to die them white first. For a good die job.. Even with the black parts would need to die them white first. To actually change the color. Ornitbwould be a mess
Not true, I had an old clodbuster with red parts, I dyed them all black with no issues at all. You just have to leave them in longer than usual or they'll have a purple ish hue to them. But that's for plastic, you can't dye anno. I have also dyed both blue and purple rpm parts black using liquid rit dye, no issues at all, and you'd never know they were dyed.

Not true, I had an old clodbuster with red parts, I dyed them all black with no issues at all. You just have to leave them in longer than usual or they'll have a purple ish hue to them. But that's for plastic, you can't dye anno. I have also dyed both blue and purple rpm parts black using liquid rit dye, no issues at all, and you'd never know they were dyed.
Dieing them black
I didnt say red was bad. My Blackfoot has a red chassis.. i personally dont like red. Would much rather have blue... and Dieing parts or what ever Black is doable and way easier then from one color to another. Going from red to blue or green. Thats where it becomes a mess if not done rite..It's not that easy. Goingnto black is easy. Like you said just leave the part in die longer any color will become black. RIT is the best way to die parts 100% agree with that 👍👍
You can't dye parts white if they are already dyed. You can only go darker unfortunately.
Yes you can't die white sorry should have said. You will need to lighten the original color first some how. To get a red part to turn a true blue... only real way of doing that would be the hydrogen peroxide bath in the bright sun for days... then maybe you will be able to make red parts another color other then Black

Last edited:
I really don't mind red, I hate purple. I have stripped purple anno off every rc that I had with purple, or dyed any purple plastic, like rpm arms. I REALLY hate purple.

Years ago I was reading how to use rit dye to annodize aluminum with a car battery tender/jumper.

I really don't mind red, I hate purple. I have stripped purple anno off every rc that I had with purple, or dyed any purple plastic, like rpm arms. I REALLY hate purple.
Does that include your Hpi? I actually like HPIs purple.

Does that include your Hpi? I actually like HPIs purple.
YES! all my HPIs. I have removed al the purple from my RS4s and my Savage SS. I even replaced the purple SS shock springs with black springs from the Savage 25. I stripped the head, and all other purple aluminum. The only part I didn't strip was the purple piece on the carb, I didn't want to risk damaging the carb or cause tolerance issues or an air leak.

Attachments

• 20210106_131651.jpg
    20210106_131651.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 37
Stoner you should go GREEN

:)

For real i love the Green stuff
3434.jpg

So beautifull

😝😝😝 there's only one green I love. And it won't work on the rc cars hahahahaha
Blue all day sorry guys
I agree there bud NO!!! purple. The savage you stripped looks nice all chromed out.. I definitely wouldn't have done the carb either smart move

Back