Arrma Outcast steering issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrgoodwrench35

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I've had my 8s Outcast EXB for a few months now. I have thoroughly beat the crap out of it and its held up really well considering. Running the Castle XLX2 and 1100kv motor combo which is overkill but that's what I like.

What I don't like is the sloppy steering. The steering rod ends have a few mm of play in each one which equals a lot when you get to the wheel. I don't see any upgrade parts available really but I did see someone on the Arrma forum mention using the 8s non exb steering rods which are of smaller diameter, but no slop in the ends. I'm considering ordering the steering set from Jenny's for $20 and see if that's any better but I thought I'd see what you guys think. Any better ideas?

I've had my 8s Outcast EXB for a few months now. I have thoroughly beat the crap out of it and its held up really well considering. Running the Castle XLX2 and 1100kv motor combo which is overkill but that's what I like.

What I don't like is the sloppy steering. The steering rod ends have a few mm of play in each one which equals a lot when you get to the wheel. I don't see any upgrade parts available really but I did see someone on the Arrma forum mention using the 8s non exb steering rods which are of smaller diameter, but no slop in the ends. I'm considering ordering the steering set from Jenny's for $20 and see if that's any better but I thought I'd see what you guys think. Any better ideas?
My stock ones are decent, viatvon makes some Vitavon toe links.

I have vitavon ones on my DBXL-E and they same pretty good.

Those Vitavon links are pricey :eek:. But I guess good isn't cheap and cheap isn't good. Seems like a lot for some steering links though.
maybe upgrade the servo while your at it
I forget the brand but the servo is a true 1/5 scale and works great. Not the fastest but lots of power. Definitely not a servo issue. Just too much slop in the links. It was that way out of the box when I bought it. I see a few other guys complaining of this as well. Too bad Arrma wont own up to the problem.

Back