Arrma Limitless 138mph 8s pass

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edough13

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Was finally able to get out for some speed runs with my Limitless yesterday. Had added quite a few new parts such as a complete Basherqueen carbon fiber set and center brace, 8s Ripple Killer cap pack and Scorched RC titanium center driveshafts. Made a warm up pass of 119mph on 6s and all was good so went for a PB pass on 8s and picked up 138mph for a new PB 👊

Sick!!!

I absolutely love the looks of those Limitless, and can't get over how inexpensive they are! I would get one, but it would end up being essentially a shelf queen.

Keep up the good work
Thank you Sir 👊
Sick!!!

I absolutely love the looks of those Limitless, and can't get over how inexpensive they are! I would get one, but it would end up being essentially a shelf queen.
Ya inexpensive until you start putting parts on it🤣 $200 ESC, $180 motor, $200+ worth of Basherqueen carbon fiber parts $80 Radio $40 Cap Pack, $100 titanium center driveshafts etc etc... But it should hopefully do mid 140s to 150mph I'm hoping🤞

Thank you Sir 👊

Ya inexpensive until you start putting parts on it🤣 $200 ESC, $180 motor, $200+ worth of Basherqueen carbon fiber parts $80 Radio $40 Cap Pack, $100 titanium center driveshafts etc etc... But it should hopefully do mid 140s to 150mph I'm hoping🤞
F#$%ing dope my dude. Keep up the good work

Thank you Sir 👊

Hey, the car functions just fine right out of the box. Putting $$$ into it to turn it into a cruise missile is on you 😉

Hey, the car functions just fine right out of the box. Putting $$$ into it to turn it into a cruise missile is on you 😉
Actually the car out of the box won't do more than look good😂 It's sold as a roller so there is no electronics at all so kinda have to put out another few hundred even for a cheaper ESC, motor, servo and Rx/Tx just to be able to drive it👍

Actually the car out of the box won't do more than look good😂 It's sold as a roller so there is no electronics at all so kinda have to put out another few hundred even for a cheaper ESC, motor, servo and Rx/Tx just to be able to drive it👍
Didn't realize it only comes as a roller. I thought it just needed a radio. That does explain the low price. Still, a few hundred dollars on top of the roller, it's still a very good value for this beast.

little help would be grate. built a limitless 8s with a 1520 1650 castle creations running 27 pinion and 34 spool topped 100 running power hobby monster cap pack and twin fans. Does anyone offer any motor mounts to get pinion size down i want to break atleast 125. The 1650 on this thing is insane even at 80 if you gag it your on back wheels only any help appreciated. i currently own infraction felony kraton vortex linitless and typhon. also running spektrum 4s 100c packs

little help would be grate. built a limitless 8s with a 1520 1650 castle creations running 27 pinion and 34 spool topped 100 running power hobby monster cap pack and twin fans. Does anyone offer any motor mounts to get pinion size down i want to break atleast 125. The 1650 on this thing is insane even at 80 if you gag it your on back wheels only any help appreciated. i currently own infraction felony kraton vortex linitless and typhon. also running spektrum 4s 100c packs
So you're trying to slow your limitless down or did you mean go up in pinion size?

So lowest ttc(total tooth count) any motor mount offers is 60t so 26p 34s or any other variation that equals to 60 total teeth. It's going to depend on your esc and packs as to how much you can gear up before your maxing it out. Another suggestion that makes a 15+ mph gain is going to gp5 diff gears as they are 15/42 over stock Limitless gearing at 13/43.

So lowest ttc(total tooth count) any motor mount offers is 60t so 26p 34s or any other variation that equals to 60 total teeth. It's going to depend on your esc and packs as to how much you can gear up before your maxing it out. Another suggestion that makes a 15+ mph gain is going to gp5 diff gears as they are 15/42 over stock Limitless gearing at 13/43.
Are there no aftermarket motor mounts or mods available in order to make room for a bigger pinion?

Freaking missile!

Need a camera mounted to this beast to get onboard perspective.

Freaking missile!

Its not really feasible at least not without somehow finding a camera that can be mounted under the body and have a tiny little pinhole lens poking out a little hole in the body and at those speeds Id probably still look for something to use as a see through lens cap that I could glue over the hole as to not interfere with the aerodynamics of the rig.

Are there no aftermarket motor mounts or mods available in order to make room for a bigger pinion?
There are but lowest they all will go is only to like 60ttc but there's mounts that will allow over 80ttc.
Freaking missile!

Ya the new GT body I've got for it could work for a camera inside looking out. As said above the aerodynamics play a huge part so exterior mounted would not work at all as it would cause a lot of drag and possible downforce slowing the car down.

Watching this thread now with interest, Edough13. Have read elsewhere your goal is 150mph open wheel. Want to be around to see that happen.

What makes an 'Official" run? Two passes, one in each direction? Multiple passes in one direction? Do you record the PB as official, or do you average the runs for an official speed? Seeing your video regarding your PB 145mph pass brings those questions to mind.

Cheers. 'AC'

Watching this thread now with interest, Edough13. Have read elsewhere your goal is 150mph open wheel. Want to be around to see that happen.

What makes an 'Official" run? Two passes, one in each direction? Multiple passes in one direction? Do you record the PB as official, or do you average the runs for an official speed? Seeing your video regarding your PB 145mph pass brings those questions to mind.

Cheers. 'AC'
Thanks man! So an official run is supposed to be showing GPS before start, make pass and drive car back, check GPS and show cell count with no edits. I didn't drive it back so that's why I say unofficial.
Check out this dudes over the top limitless build
Ya that's Raz, he had issues with the setup and dual motors though so kinda gave up on it last I heard.

Back