ARRMA infraction 3S setup

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abrokenviewfinder

RC Newbie
Supporter
Reaction score
So I’ve got the INFRACTION 3S two weeks ago and it sits in the box - just waiting on the charger.

So I’m thinking about some upgrades…

Aluminum shocks; I’ve done this with many cars, sometimes great sometimes mediocre. Thoughts?

Metal diffs front and rear and slipper clutch cog? One or the other? Unnecessary?

Tires. It comes with Hoons Eleven’s which seem to be a bit harder than the dBoots (I hope). The streets around here were paved just a couple years ago, super sticky. The dBoots are super sticky but I had to have for them with the gold lettering - now I’m scared.

Any other tips & tricks & tuning ideas are welcome. My last RC was a late 90’s Associated RC10, so this is a new level for me.

650E53F6-5221-4E5F-B1AD-7F034413DFFD.jpeg

Thanks!

I don't have any experience with the infraction, but it's a cool truck. I always thought if I got one I'd be looking for an outdoor basketball court to do some drifting. They're usually pretty smooth.

Shocks are one thing that is always hard to get right by just going out and buying a pretty aluminum set. So hopefully someone can point you towards a set that works. If Pro-Line happens to make a set for it I would say those would be a good choice.

I’ve never owned an Infraction but metal shocks is a good idea also are you Speedrunning or street bashing?
If speedrunning get diff lockers also change the gearing up

Yes, that’s worth mentioning. Just general bashing - I don’t plan on taller gearing, no runways around here! Definitely taking it to work though. The campus is closed with a mix of asphalt, concrete, dirt and grass. The parking lot is a huge tarmac oval. Good place to start.

I did a lot research before buying the infraction 3S. I. Looked at all the numbers and thought, 60+ mph - yeah right. But hot damn, this thing is that fast. I even dialed back the throttle because I didn’t want to smack into a curb that fast. The dBoots are broken in and the gold lettering is just about gone. Only concern is the motor pinion gear and clutch - seem a bit tight. Sounds like an old ratchet wrench even under power.
6CB032D5-C98C-4F26-9E87-FFFBCD67D996.jpeg

Re-mesh it and make sure its right otherwise you might end up stripping the spur.

So I’ve got the INFRACTION 3S two weeks ago and it sits in the box - just waiting on the charger.

So I’m thinking about some upgrades…

Aluminum shocks; I’ve done this with many cars, sometimes great sometimes mediocre. Thoughts?

Metal diffs front and rear and slipper clutch cog? One or the other? Unnecessary?

Tires. It comes with Hoons Eleven’s which seem to be a bit harder than the dBoots (I hope). The streets around here were paved just a couple years ago, super sticky. The dBoots are super sticky but I had to have for them with the gold lettering - now I’m scared.

Any other tips & tricks & tuning ideas are welcome. My last RC was a late 90’s Associated RC10, so this is a new level for me.

View attachment 156779
Thanks!
Depends on what you want to do with it. If you parking lot hooning, just leave it as is until something needs replacing. Also the harder tires last a lot longer.

If you are speed running (100mph+) get out your wallet and prepare to spend some time making it better... everywhere. New motor, ESC, Tires, shocks, custom parts, ....

Honestly there are a lot of adjustments that can be done on the Arrmas. I would get familiar with the truck figure out what you want to do with it. Then work from there.

I think this might be my problem…
D506600A-2FE8-4A91-8F15-C450797CBD24.jpeg

That’s definitely not a happy emoji. I won’t do another run until I adjust it. Thanks for the help all!

I did a lot research before buying the infraction 3S. I. Looked at all the numbers and thought, 60+ mph - yeah right. But hot damn, this thing is that fast. I even dialed back the throttle because I didn’t want to smack into a curb that fast. The dBoots are broken in and the gold lettering is just about gone. Only concern is the motor pinion gear and clutch - seem a bit tight. Sounds like an old ratchet wrench even under power. View attachment 156875
Nice looking rig.