Arrma Felony. Yes or no? Ha

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbo27

132 ft = Fun.
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Flying
So I have a bunch of Traxxas RCs. I want an Arrma Felony, or Infraction. I like the Felony, It looks really nice. I might just keep it as a Shelf queen. That's how much I like it. Any thoughts? Will cost me about a grand. I want a new body for it. Want to paint it flat black, with white doors. Turn it into a Mad Max cop car. Thanks. Will get a blue light kit for the top.Thanks.
Should I get the Felony? Like I want? Or pass ? Just thinking.

Expensive for a shelf queen, but then again I don't have any shelf queens. I myself would get the Infraction, it's a better performer, but I see the appeal, the felony looks badass!

Why is the Infraction better? I really don't know. 🥸 I think they cost the same? I heard the Infraction has a hand brake thing.

They are both great. I don't think you could wrong with either. The only difference really is the Felony has different size tires on the rear vs the front. Which means the diffs are different in the rear than the front. It is def bad a$$ looking! I've got the 'Vette Felony and a mega turned 4s Infraction.

20220913_154339.jpg

20230505_175414.jpg

I want the Felony. Its too cool. What do you know about the hand brake thing? On the Infraction? As I really don't know. Thanks.Mike
I want the Felony. Its too cool. What do you know about the hand brake thing? On the Infraction? As I really don't know. Thanks.Mike
Can I get the infraction, and put a Felony body on it? But I like the big tires in the back, smaller tires on the front. Makes it so cool.
Either way. I think it will never be run. Maybe, might try it out. Ha 🏁 :hyperbuggy:
Your Arrmas look so good. 🏁 Nice paint.

Last edited:
Yeah. I know. If I get it, I plan on getting xtra tires. There's no way I could buy it, and not see what it can do. 🏁
Do I need to upgrade the TX?

Can I get the infraction, and put a Felony body on it? But I like the big tires in the back, smaller tires on the front. Makes it so cool.
Either way. I think it will never be run. Maybe, might try it out. Ha 🏁 :hyperbuggy:
Your Arrmas look so good. 🏁 Nice paint.
Mega doesn't have the hand brake. I read it's mainly a novelty and most remove it after a while.

I don't think the Felony lid will fit on an Infraction. Not 100% sure though.

Felony body will fit the Infraction ..... BUT .... the Felony has larger and wider tires on back. The Felony body will look odd on the Infraction, with the rear wheels not filling out the openings.

All depends on what after market body you want - some fit Felony, some are for Infraction.

Felony Vet 2021-10-18 (2).JPG

There are three different types of Infractions.
1. Infraction 8th scale 3s Brushed motor. Around 300$
2. Infraction 8th scale 3s Brushless motor. Around 400$
3. Infraction 7th scale 6s Brushless motor. Arond 650$

There are lots of differences in them so look before you buy.
I bought a 8th/3s brushed version and started upgrading immediately. I have almost as much money into it as the 7th scale costs. If you plan on upgrading just do yourself a favor and get the brushless versions off the bat. It will cost you less in the long run.
PXL_20230510_215608823.jpg

There are three different types of Infractions.
1. Infraction 8th scale 3s Brushed motor. Around 300$
2. Infraction 8th scale 3s Brushless motor. Around 400$
3. Infraction 7th scale 6s Brushless motor. Arond 650$

There are lots of differences in them so look before you buy.
I bought a 8th/3s brushed version and started upgrading immediately. I have almost as much money into it as the 7th scale costs. If you plan on upgrading just do yourself a favor and get the brushless versions off the bat. It will cost you less in the long run.
View attachment 165379
I too bought the 3s brushed version, silly question, can I buy a brushless motor to swap out? I absolutely LOVE that thing, hands down my favorite RC to drive

I too bought the 3s brushed version, silly question, can I buy a brushless motor to swap out? I absolutely LOVE that thing, hands down my favorite RC to drive
Yes. You can brushless swap it. I use Hobbywing for my brushless conversions. Castle is nice too. But when upgrading the brushless,the brushed parts might not hold up. For example, tires, you will be burning through tires. I watched Trax RC on YouTube. He had an infraction brushed. Brushless converted it with a Hobbywing Max10 (60A, sensorless) and 4000kv motor. It ran a bit hot, and burned through tires.

Wow. Go big or go home. Still want the Felony. Does that come in different models as well? Thanks.

Yes. You can brushless swap it. I use Hobbywing for my brushless conversions. Castle is nice too. But when upgrading the brushless,the brushed parts might not hold up. For example, tires, you will be burning through tires. I watched Trax RC on YouTube. He had an infraction brushed. Brushless converted it with a Hobbywing Max10 (60A, sensorless) and 4000kv motor. It ran a bit hot, and burned through tires.
I’ve thought about buying a set of drift wheel and tires to put on it, I mainly pavement bash with it so burning up tires wouldn’t hurt my feelings haha

No I want to buy the Felony. Do you know if that comes in different sizes? Like the Infraction? Thanks.

Back