Arma Kraton steering going haywire in reverse

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshaf

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Recently bought a used Kraton 6s and been fighting steering issues constantly. Finally upgraded to heavy duty servo saver that solved turning radius getting bigger every run. Now just trying to figure out why the steering instantly goes left/ right in reverse. Both front axles are a bit bent, would this be the issue, maybe new axle carriers?

I'm not familiar with the Arrma line of things, but does it have a gyro built into the receiver? I know they come factory with some pretty decent Spektrum stuff. Those things go haywire in reverse in my experience.

From what I understand, it's normal for a big tire basher to do that in reverse.

Just my guess about your reverse left/right issue:
1714473207524.png

Going in reverse, with large amounts of caster angle... the tires/wheels would do a complete 180* if nothing physically there to stop them. A larger tire RC emphasizes this effect as you noticed .

Last edited:
Yeah, what he said, lol. I was just too lazy to type all that out. If camber and toe are at zero it will lessen the effect but then the car won't handle as well going forward.

Back