Are my only options SPECIFIC Kyosho engines??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairy W Bush

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a Kyosho FAZER without the engine and the chassis has the 2 slots and the hole at the front; 3 hole pattern. Most engines just have the 2 holes on the side, opposite of the way my chassis has its slots.
th

So, those bosses are resting on the chassis. Is this configuration the only thing I can get?

I have a Kyosho FAZER without the engine and the chassis has the 2 slots and the hole at the front; 3 hole pattern. Most engines just have the 2 holes on the side, opposite of the way my chassis has its slots.
th

So, those bosses are resting on the chassis. Is this configuration the only thing I can get?

I don't know of any engine mounts that adapt the tricycle pattern to 4-hole, you may have to find a match or improvise.

At least I can point you in the direction of a suitable engine, the GZ-15, here. I've bought engines from that vendor before, they've got some choice NOS.

Last edited:
I think you can use any engine but with the engine mounts then of course, and drill your own 4 holes in the chassis(which could be a great challenge though)

I don't know of any engine mounts that adapt the tricycle pattern to 4-hole, you may have to find a match or improvise.

At least I can point you in the direction of a suitable engine, the GXR-15, here. I've bought engines from that vendor before, they've got some choice NOS.
That is pricy! Looks identical to the GZ-15. Thanks

Back