Anyone watching the 1/10 buggy worlds?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnFabRC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I’ve had it on in the background all day. These guys are impressive to say the least! Makes me realize I have a looooonnnnggg way to go 😂

The coverage is great! Almost as good as watching a full scale event. They keep the program moving so efficiently.

They’re running spec tires (AKA slicks) and no sauce. Tires get impounded in between heats. 5 sets per driver for the whole event.

https://www.youtube.com/live/GRHAyKk3Rjc?si=yK2OVdKkFnFu1BHd

Yep. Was watching 4 wheel practice yesterday, and 4 wheel qualifying today at lunch (at school).
Yea liverc / mod / JConcepts got some pretty good media crew behind the camera.

Yep. We both got long ways to go. I think all the people who go to the world's are either the pros, or the locals at that track.
Spec tire and max set of tires is pretty harsh (for me it feels like) but yea.

Yep. Was watching 4 wheel practice yesterday, and 4 wheel qualifying today at lunch (at school).
Yea liverc / mod / JConcepts got some pretty good media crew behind the camera.

Yep. We both got long ways to go. I think all the people who go to the world's are either the pros, or the locals at that track.
Spec tire and max set of tires is pretty harsh (for me it feels like) but yea.
Tomorrow will be the final qualifier and the mains. Then they switch to 2wd buggy on Wednesday and start from the beginning again. New track layout and everything.

From what I gathered it’s sort of an invitational. Everyone there is sponsored in some way or another.

Thanks for the ping, guys. Got busy with 'honey do's' and forgot to check in. Following it on RedRC website but will take your link to YouTube BarnFab. Thanks.

Really interested in watching the 2WD's, but hey, it's all racing. So it's all good. Cheers. 'AC'

I wonder how the classes are like? They just say 4wd buggy, but is it stock 13.5, stock 10.5, mod, open? I pay attention to 4wd the most, since thats what I run, and see how I can improve. But Ill watch 2wd too, as I wanna get into everything / every class. Lol.

I wonder how the classes are like? They just say 4wd buggy, but is it stock 13.5, stock 10.5, mod, open? I pay attention to 4wd the most, since thats what I run, and see how I can improve. But Ill watch 2wd too, as I wanna get into everything / every class. Lol.
It’s just 4wd mod and 2wd mod. The only limitations are tires.

Ah. Well, yea that is true. IFMAR, is over seas based? I know they run only mod classes over there. prob because they like to go fast.
I think there’s a euro sanctioning body, an Asian one and of course ROAR here and in Canada. Then IFMAR organizes all of them for competition like this. I could be wrong but I think that’s how it works.

Last edited:
Red RC published results. Davide ONGARO, AE Team Driver out of Italy takes 4WD offroad electric. And he did it using a stick radio. Been a while since seeing one of those on the podium. Asians seem to prefer them over the pistol grip style here in the US. And it looks like at least one European (Ongaro) likes a stick too.

Four different brands in the top ten. Speaks well about how competitive all the cars are these days.

I watched the mains yesterday. Man was it impressive. Rivkin and Ongaro were back and forth the whole time. I think Rivekin was the better driver since he came from 5th all three races and won the second race. It was so close the third race it may have been down to where they had their transponders mounted. Seriously that close. I’m sure before long probably JConcepts will post the A mains on YouTube. Definitely worth a watch.

On the stick vs wheel & trigger debate. I always preferred sticks when I was younger. I may pick up the less expensive Futaba stick radio when the time comes that I need something new. Just to give it a whirl. Honestly I didn’t think they still had them when I got back into the hobby.

Edit to add: I was really happy to see the Schumacher do so well. I really like the belt drive idea. I’m always a fan of the different way of doing things.

@ahr43 2wd’s are on track now. The lap times are dropping pretty fast as the track rubbers in. Also they were just saying that there’s an all new Mugen there. The only one in the country evidently. Nothing like debuting a new chassis at the WORLDS. No pressure… haha. Still just open practice ATM. Seeding will begin a little later. Qualifying tomorrow. Mains Saturday.

Hey BarnFab. Thanks for the heads-up.

Red RC website has a first look on the new Mugen buggy. First impressions to me it looks like a scaled-up 1/12 pan car-slicks all around. Understandable as today's "off-road" tracks are dead smooth. Mugen's a contender though. Would not expect them to field a dog.

Hey BarnFab. Thanks for the heads-up.

Red RC website has a first look on the new Mugen buggy. First impressions to me it looks like a scaled-up 1/12 pan car-slicks all around. Understandable as today's "off-road" tracks are dead smooth. Mugen's a contender though. Would not expect them to field a dog.
I’ll have to go check that out.

Yeah, like to read your first impression. I was going to go in and edit my post by deleting the 'pan car' comment. What the heck do I know about it anyway? Been years since I ran 2WD buggy and certainly not at the world's level.

Think I'll just roll with the results and hold back on my opinions for now. Cheers. 'AC'

Yeah, like to read your first impression. I was going to go in and edit my post by deleting the 'pan car' comment. What the heck do I know about it anyway? Been years since I ran 2WD buggy and certainly not at the world's level.

Think I'll just roll with the results and hold back on my opinions for now. Cheers. 'AC'
I really like the adjustable standoffs for the bottom of the rear shocks. Hopefully some of the other manufacturers see that and follow suit. Seems much stronger than the machine screw into plastic that is the standard with everyone else. Otherwise nothing stood out to me as ground breaking, but I’m looking at the pics on my phone so i may not be seeing all the details. I’m no expert either. Just a fan of going fast!

Got my best (and only) Spencer Rivkin T-shirt on and 'rootin for Spence in the Mains.

Also like Michal ORLOWSKI out of Poland with his Schumacher.

Be great to see them both do well. Good luck to the whole field and know they'll bring a good race. 'AC'

Last edited:
I’m bummed. I have stuff to do all day today and won’t be able to watch. I’ll have to watch tomorrow on the replay. I have an associated so I'm hoping for spencer too. That Tater Sontag kid was impressive in the qualifying I watched yesterday. So I won’t be mad if he does well either.

I've been watching some races online, and appreciate the availability. If I'm watching in the living room, on the big screen (no mouse), I'll sometimes skip it, if it's over an hour long (9+hours?). It takes too long to skip ahead, with no mouse, on an hours long video, at least with my TV remote. They might get mores views, if they split it up into shorter vids, like just about every other racing event that's divided into separate, smaller parts.

Back