Anyone running the 30D caster blocks up front? What about inline axles?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShredSled

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just as the title asks, wondering if anyone here has been running the 30deg. caster blocks up front, and what are your results and in what conditions?
Good or bad mod in your experience?

Same goes for the inline axle steering knuckles. I'm a bit skeptical of those, but simply curious if anyone here has tried?

If you can, specify your camber/toe angles for front too... :thumbup1:

I'm running inline axles. 1d neg toe, and 2d neg camber. It fits how I drive, but 90% of other people can't drive my truck well. It works for me though. My sc10 will be fs soo though. Its factory teamed out.

I'm running inline axles. 1d neg toe, and 2d neg camber. It fits how I drive, but 90% of other people can't drive my truck well. It works for me though. My sc10 will be fs soo though. Its factory teamed out.

gotcha. Still with stock 25deg caster blocks?

Just wondering, what do you mean by "factory teamed out"?
If you're gonna sell it, what do you have your eyes on now? Something 4wd?

Stock blocks.

Factory team t4 with sc10 bumpers, shock towers and chassis. All the other t4 factory team goodies are on this truck.

I converted my slash to a lcg chassis and I'm faster with it. Sc10s been on the shelf since.

I am running the 30 deg. blocks. They give you much more turn in on a smooth clay track, that's what I run on.

I am running the 30 deg. blocks. They give you much more turn in on a smooth clay track, that's what I run on.

interesting... the more I read about the castor and the 30deg. blocks the more confused I get. I've read many times that it actually decreases turn-in... or at least initially... ? But has more turn at the end, or something? :confused:

Caster increases the "camber" of the wheels as you turn. In theory, with no weight transfer during cornering, increasing caster would decrease the contact patch of your tire as the tires lean towards the inside of a turn. As the truck "rolls' its weight towards the outside of a corner while turning, the tires go from leaning into the corner to flattening their respective contact patches onto the track. Caster basically allows you to run less static camber while still getting the cornering benefits of negative camber.

I hope that makes sense to you.

+1 for 30-degree caster blocks. They "smooth" out the steering and make it easier to drive smoothly.

Mad Dog
B4, T4, BJ4, 1/10 Slider, SC10, Ofna 1/8 Brushless

Per Charlie Perez AE team driver

More Caster (30 Deg) will give you more high speed steering as you enter the corners but less low speed steering as you exit the corners. Less Caster (25 Deg) will give you less high speed steering as you enter the corners but more low speed steering as you exit the corners. If you are running on a high speed track with many fast sweeping turns and few 180 degree turns more caster will be better. If you are running on a low speed track with many 180 degree turns the 25 Degree blocks will be better.

===

At the track I race at changing to 30 stopped the rear from swinging around as I powered out of a corner. Based on the CP info above the front was over steering.

In-line axles change the wheelbase at the front of a car. This can cause steering challenges.

If your car is pushing (understeer) before you put in-lines on you will push more. Less weight on the front wheels. You may not have enough space to move the battery forward to fix the push. Why add weight IF a battery position change will fix the problem.

If you have a oversteer problem in-lines may help. Moving the battery back one pad is less costly.

SC10's have battery rear spacing limiter on the battery bar, cut them off so you can move the battery back IF needed.

Comparing the T4 to the SC10 battery space and battery placement, a 3/16 inch spacer pad in front of the battery on a SC10 places the battery at the same place as full forward on a T4. SC10 chassis was lengthened at the rear of the battery space.

Example:
IF T4 battery placement is 1 pad front 2 rear
SC10 should be 1 pad AND 3/16 inch of a pad and 2 rear

You wouldn't think a 3/16 inch would make a difference BUT you will have more rear traction, slower steering, a better balance to tune from.

Back