Anyone mess with the Toyan

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRAT

Hardcore RCTalk User
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
Bought a Toyan with plans on building a 3D scale 58 Chevy Apache Fleetside. Any pros or cons?

Are there any cons to a 58 Apache build? lol Id love to see the build!
Going to be a little tricky but I’ll post pics. Broke in the motor not yet installed in the truck yet have to figure the framing for it.

definitely gonna keep tabs on this! only thing that i could see pose an issue, or maybe even not? is the Toyan spins a lower RPM range. might help the build though.

If I recall it’s 18,000 rpm? I think would be cool little cruiser. Won’t scream like the rat rod.

It’s the Toyan FS-S100

Attachments

• DC140DDB-9CCA-4890-B790-84A17AA2090F.jpeg
    DC140DDB-9CCA-4890-B790-84A17AA2090F.jpeg
    266.9 KB · Views: 28
I've given some thought to using the inline 4 cylinder version, that one puts out some serious hp and torque, might be a great engine for solid axle monster truck racing or pulling.

Bought a Toyan with plans on building a 3D scale 58 Chevy Apache Fleetside. Any pros or cons?
Hi! Newbie here.

I wanted to share my experience with Toyan. My goal is to save anyone from the experience of dealing with this very poor vendor.

Long story short, i purchased the L400 (4 cyl) as a complete kit from an authorized dealer in the UK. Toyan put together the kit. Shipped (across the street) to my vendors warehouse then shipped to me.

Basically Toyan shorted me the fuel tank, changed several items without notification and shipped the wrong base (valued around $200).

I dropped the missing tank issue and pursued obtaining the correct base. After weeks of dealing with invisible people at toyan , with my vendors help, toyan refused to replace the base. One Chinese toyan person had the odasity to tell me i should have thought about the purchase more before buying!! How rude!

The engine and craftsmanship look quite nice, but there's the end of the good news. The instructions are poor and have some discrepancies, and there are several glaring design flaws. My water pump was jammed when assembled likely due to accumulated tolerances. I will never know because they wouldn't share design dimensions so i could id the culprit. A few screws were missing.

Sorry to ramble, but bottom line, their fix was to have me remove 2 of 3 teflon wear/seal washers from the assembly. "It shouldn't leak," they said!

Screws bottom out in tapped holes. One screw interferes with the cog side of the timing belt! A destructive condition that is blatantly obvious! Their fix; leave out the screw! "It shouldn't leak".

I could go on but you have likely drifted off by now. Bottom line: save yourself a lot of headaches and purchase from a vendor that has proper design knowledge, respects their one-time customers and has pride in their product. Toyan is a POS vendor!

Thanks for letting me vent. Happy trails

Back