Anyone in this forum drift?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've been wanting to buy my first drift kit for a long time now and I think I'm gonna do it soon. I know I want a Yokomo kit but I have no idea what the difference is between all the different kits they have. Anyone shed some light on all the different variants out there and whats really important to have?

I'm no drifter so I am probably wrong BUT with what drift rigs I have had, even the brushed/stick packs rigs are fun. If they have drift tires, they will all drift. Of course the brushless/lipo ones I had were far more fun and you can obviously put on road tires on them and have a blast with that too. So I dont really think there are that many plus's or minus's. I prefer shaft driven over belt. The TC3 I had was amazing. I bought it from Rob. Very good rig. You can get the TC4 for $150 from Amain.
My TC3.
Amain TC4.

I had some others like the HPI e10's, they were fun too and real cheap.

I'm with Lloyd, I wouldn't spend a ton of cash on a dedicated drift rig until you've spent some time doing it and decide it's worth the investment. The HPI RTR combos are tough to beat also, and for drift rigs, look for shaft drive so pebbles and such from parking lots don't get in the belt system and wreak havoc on the pulleys and belts.

I run the TC4 as a VTA rig and really like it. Not really expensive for a comp-type rig.

Back