Sold / Found Anyone have any low end radios they want out?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peeeenuuutt

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
Long story short, I got a friend with a late 80’s tamiya Blackfoot and all the old electronics need out. I'm going to donate an esc to it, and we’ll probably buy a jx servo, but a radio and receiver will be needed for final completion. If you need anything to be gone, please reply or private message me... I’ll surely take it off your hands. We gotta get this thing back on the road!

F1317E94-E121-49C7-AF18-0996D49C5B03.jpeg
640F1172-D8D7-4C6A-81F5-9D500D32C569.jpeg

I have 2 super old Futaba Magnum Sport radios that need the battery holder along with 1 rx. Not sure if they work though.
And the old Traxxas fishing pole antenna radio, fishing pole antenna is broke and taped together. Last time I used it it worked.

The truck currently has an old futaba radio in it. The plugs are all weird and different from modern ones though... are yours standard?

I'm just throwing this out there. If you don't come up with anything, I think I would have a look at one of those GoolRC TG3 radios that are available for $24 shipped. They are about the lowest priced 2.4ghz radio, that I know of, with ability to limit throttle (end point adjustment switch).

Thanks dude... really helps

Might be late to the party, but you can also grab the tactic ttx300 radio/receiver combo for about $40 from an arrma open box on ebay. I grabbed one a week ago for my tlr 2wd bugy just to get on the track until I get a "proper" system in it, as well as the one I use that came with my Arrma Talion v3. Great combo for the price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tactic-TTX...ceiver-TX-RX-Arrma-Typhon-Talion/381679116446

Ah we actually found a brand new flysky fsgt2 for $30 with the receiver. We put in an xl-5 and hid it under the factory cover. All we need now is some wheels and a body post.

I might be jumping into an old thread, but I have recently started into a similar project.
I have an old
Yokomo YZ 10. I scraped up a Futaba Magnum JR. I also found a Novak mini RX. Threw a matching set of crystals in and they work perfectly.
I am going to pair it with either A Traxxas XL5 or an Arrma brushed Esc I have laying around . Id really like to find, make or have a battery tray 3D printed th at will let me run shorty Lipo 2s packs instead of the old 7cell NiCD saddle arrangement.

I have some vintage Futaba receivers where the pins are backwards the servo side has the pins and the receiver has holes
Futaba model FP-R2F 27MHZ & FP-R2GS 72MHZ
should not be too hard to dig up some old am transmitters to go with them

I have some vintage Futaba receivers where the pins are backwards the servo side has the pins and the receiver has holes
Futaba model FP-R2F 27MHZ & FP-R2GS 72MHZ
should not be too hard to dig up some old am transmitters to go with them
This post is over 2 years old, I doubt he is still looking.

The truck currently has an old futaba radio in it. The plugs are all weird and different from modern ones though... are yours standard?
(EDIT I see the date
i have a mint early futaba esc i have kept as a relic i may swap for otner rc part.

i also have a jillion blazer magnum sport and 14 TQ trx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back