anyone familiar with "integy" alloy r/c parts, for GT2??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandiegan

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Whats the general consensus on integy alloy parts?

They cost way more than their plastic counterparts.....

i have a small crack forming in the chassis kickup, thinking of getting this replacement

intc3703.jpg

or for example, this bulkhead is $26.99 vs. $3.99 for plastic

intc3705.jpg

I have yet to use any Integy parts, but I know the general consensus around here is Integy is crap and avoid it at all costs.

integy looks nice, but they use weak brittle aluminum. and once you bend it, its done. it wont bend back out like plastic.

stay with plastic for anything that takes a beating, only use aluminum for solid pieces, like bulkheads. dont use integy for anything.

Integy can be used for things that don't take a direct hit, like diff cases on a t-maxx. The aluminum is pretty soft as noted all over the forum, so if the part your buying has a bunch of threaded screws in it, just be aware that it is soft and the screws will wear/strip pretty easily.

Got a link to your specific part?

Oh, and if you have an issue with any part you buy, you are on your own. Don't expect their coustomer service to care, the waranty says, "You open the package, the waranty is up.".

well the original post had photos but they are not showing for some reason.

THANKS foir your replies guys, yes the parts i was looking at are crucial to impacts (front chassis kickup and top plate) so I'm glad i did not order these yet. The prices are crazy too!

They must be "all show, no go" parts.....

They must be "all show, no go" parts.....

That is exactly right, perfect parts for a shelf queen!!!!!! But if you plan on running it you won't be for long if you run it with integy parts, LOL!!!

I tried a few times to trust them and everytime they have failed.