Anyone ever shop at Boom Racing?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Just stumbled onto this site, and really wish I had found it when I was shopping for wheels for the Ryft. They have some cool crawler stuff here! Anyone ever buy from these guys?
https://www.boomracingrc.com/

Never heard of them before but he has some good looking wheels.

Not a huge selection of stuff but it's pretty nice.

Not a huge selection of stuff but it's pretty nice.
Yeah I noticed that too. They have some interesting looking tires as well. And check out the 1.0 wheels they have. This is one I think Carnage is gonna be sporting...
boom-racing-43853-630x500.jpg

I've used their shocks for a couple of years on my Dragonoid trucks - they are excellent.
I have been looking at all the stuff they sell, zooming in and paying attention to the machine marks. They seem to sell only high quality stuff. I can't wait to try some wheels. Just browsing their site makes me want to build some crawlers.

I will add that Boom Racing's site is absolutely terrible, at least on my end. The pages are slow to load, and there are some issues navigating. Like when I click search by category, and select wheels, then 1.0 wheels, if I click on one of the wheels, then go back, it takes me back to the main page. Then repeating the process automatically takes me back the the same wheel I clicked on, without letting me look at the other wheels. Very strange.

Those wheels I posted above are like the RC4WD wagon wheels. You can flip the hub around and give the truck a wider stance. Pretty cool.

And whit Capra axles I had the offset built so the rim face is almost flat. When I switched to narrow axles I just rebuilt them with a deep dish face. You can adjust the offset about 1/4 inch.

I will add that Boom Racing's site is absolutely terrible, at least on my end. The pages are slow to load, and there are some issues navigating. Like when I click search by category, and select wheels, then 1.0 wheels, if I click on one of the wheels, then go back, it takes me back to the main page. Then repeating the process automatically takes me back the the same wheel I clicked on, without letting me look at the other wheels. Very strange.

Sorry for bumping an oldish thread.

Sounds like the Horizon Hobby website. I search for stuff and sort by price low to high, click an item look at it a minute click back to look at the next thing in line and it changes back to best match.....................

I've heard of Boom Racing, they used to make a lot of upgrade parts for the Ecx Ruckus/Torment 1/10 2wd.

Back