Anyone else have the HPI MT 2

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadds

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just curious if anyone else out there is running the HPI MT 2 4wd Stadium Truck. I haven't seen much talk about them. My Dad purchased one last week, and I just bought one for myself also. These trucks have been great for us. They start easily, run terrific, easy tuning, no overheating problem...and we have been bashing the hell out of them!

We've been using them in the mud, wet grass, and jumping snow banks and haven't has even a hint of a problem yet. Needless to say...I am VERY impressed with this truck, especially after all the problems I had with my last truck (a T-Maxx).

It was a tough descision for me to get the MT2 over RC10GT, but the 4wd swayed my descision, and I have no regrets about it. After seeing how much abuse this HPI truck will take, my next purchase will be a Savage.

Chad

I have the original NMT and I bash the hell out of it as well. I'm usually good to snap the a-arms and the steering knuckles at least twice per bashing session but there cheap and easy to replace.

I've been looking at the MT2 for a while now and it has some decent upgrades over the original. But I can't see spending another $300+ when I could probably hop up my current for half that.

The suspension parts (shock goes through C-hub now?) and motor are the only differences I see so farbetween the MT and MT2, I might go with that suspension upgrade sometimes- I noticed the MT2 includes a spiffy spur gear skidplate too.

so far the difference that "I" know about are as follows:
Fibreglass Brake Disk instead of plastic
Longer shocks (not sure if better but longer none the less)
Shock Towers and A-Arms are designed a bit different
Spur Gear skid plate
Metal Diff gears

And from the HPI Site

NMT
Engine
Nitro Star 15FE with purple heatsink head, single needle adjustment and ABC construction

MT2
Engine
Nitro Star T-15 with large heatsink head, 2 needle adjustments and ABC construction
-------------------------
Exhaust Manifold
NMT
Cast aluminum

MT2
Tube aluminum header
Tuned Pipe
NMT
Composite dual chamber

MT2
Composite dual chamber
Starting System
NMT
Standard pullstarter

MT2
HPI Roto Start System
Chassis
NMT
2mm countersunk aluminum

MT2
2.5mm countersunk aluminum
Tires
NMT
Pro-Line Dirt Hawg II Preglued

MT2
Yokohama Geolandar M/T Tires
Wheels
NMT
Dark gray Split 6 wheels

MT2
Chrome plated Split 5 wheels
Body
NMT
Clear uncut polycarbonate body

MT2
Prepainted, pre-decaled, pre-trimmed body
Radio Tray
NMT
Sealed, removable

MT2
Sealed, removable
Ball Cup, Dogbones
NMT
Standard size

MT2
Larger for increased durability

Last edited:
bashmaster has a mt2...he'll talk to you when he gets back from north carolina

later

Good to hear tha tHPI got their crap together on this one. The originaal MT needed so many upgrades to really even be reliable. I guess i was ok for the newbie but if you wanted to upgrade at all it was a pain. I was running my MT around in some snow today and it did alright. I was way happy about it. Snow was more like ice but that's alright. Newayz good to hear.

Hey Guys! I just received my MT2 the other day. Alread broke it in and things are going well! I love it!

Hey guys check out the MT2 in my gallery area. Decided to take some pictures this evening. I changed the Air filter so far, and some nuts and bolts. Aluminum and some Titanium!

Finally got a little snow today! :D Just a light dusting, but man it was fun! The MT 2 was throwing snow all over the place. I put a set of Pro-Line Masher 2000's on it, and they work great in the snow! Got in from running, and EVERYTHING but the motor was packed full of snow and ice under the body. The inside of the reciever case was still nice and dry though, and I've done nothing to seal it. I didn't like seeing ice and snow frozen on to the air filter though! 3 minutes in front of the kerosene heater...and it was as good as new!

Might have to cut back to 2 minutes in front of the heater though, grabbed hold of the truck and burnt my hand...measured the temp on the CHASSIS with my gauge, and got 200 degrees! Lucky I didn't melt any plastic! :x

Chad

Yeah, I don't hav any snow where I'm at. But, we have this huge warehouse like office space right next to my office. One of my coworkers talked me into bringing it in. We ran it next door, and it was so loud and the smell was awful. But it was so funny, one of the Gunnery Sargeant's got all pissed of at first, and then was all interested. I was sliding all over this linoleum flooring. It was a trip!

Back