Anybody know about this

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New2nitro

RC Newbie
Reaction score
It is a hpi sprint
I’m thinking about buying it
$80 no remote but I have one
Other than that it works good
But it’s a 17t brushed motor
I want to go with brushless is it easy to convert?

Attachments

• 0E70466E-A628-443B-B012-9F464E07C174.png
    0E70466E-A628-443B-B012-9F464E07C174.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
Why spend $80? It looks like to me that person would let it go for $50, which is posted at the bottom of the pic.

It is a hpi sprint
I’m thinking about buying it
$80 no remote but I have one
Other than that it works good
But it’s a 17t brushed motor
I want to go with brushless is it easy to convert?

Your problem .maybe battery fitment ,you might have problems trying to fit a battery
in an in closed area ,but I don't see a problem fitting a brushless motor ,if the motor
has the same size can!

i would go for it, but i am kinda compulsive, as long as it is a 550 type motor they are easy to convert.
one issue that may arise is gears, if they are plastic they could strip with as much power as brushless can put out. they were designed for brushed motors before brushless was a thing. this may not be a problem, just be aware.
personally i have been happy with 6-7 cell ni-mh with a brushless setup (can't remember if 2300kv or 3300kv on a rustler xl5 base.

Thank you d3mon
Do you think it’s better than messing with that purple nitro I posted before

Thought the name was familiar!
Personally i like nitro alot more than electric. dont get me wrong electric has its place, just that place isn't on my shelf in most cases.
but looking at a few aspects, HPI is very well known, so parts are out there more often, and higher quality (could be debated i guess).
they did stick with the sprint for awhile so id have to say goes to show the car works well.
i would probably focus most funds to the electric one being that it will probably last longer, and have longer lasting replacement parts.
and then eventually get another nitro when a good deal pops up. the RS4's are good lol.

P.S.
that is all MY thought process lol, we all think differently and have different directions we want to go, so please just take that as my $0.02

I wish I could have helped, but it looks like D3 has you pointed in the right direction.
If you purchase I hope you enjoy:)

I just picked it up I ended up giving him $30
With the battery and charger

I gotta get a better battery
It has metal gears so brushless for sure
And I am gonna try to get the rt body to fit it
I just have to do some Fabricating

Attachments

• 3C53A01F-F980-40BB-A43C-38F974BC1008.jpeg
    3C53A01F-F980-40BB-A43C-38F974BC1008.jpeg
    276.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 36C6366C-689E-4AFF-8611-3B561C800FD3.jpeg
    36C6366C-689E-4AFF-8611-3B561C800FD3.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 3B33EF62-F45A-426F-999B-FFAC4809C0FD.jpeg
    3B33EF62-F45A-426F-999B-FFAC4809C0FD.jpeg
    301.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 5945354F-4651-4C04-BA27-8759605ED2E2.jpeg
    5945354F-4651-4C04-BA27-8759605ED2E2.jpeg
    282.1 KB · Views: 65
that looks like its going to be alot of fun! always liked the HPI on-road chassis, just don't have very many options to run street type cars where I'm at. thats good its got metal gearing!
tbh i really didn't mind the Ni-Mh batteries, guess it all kinda depends on gearing too though, wasn't crazy run time but was enough and with a fast charger and a spare battery could run it pretty constant.
think is gonna look mean with that RT body!

I always wanted a street car. I recall wanting a TC3 back in around 06'.
I never got it....sorta regret it now. I live by two schools that have joining parking lots.
That area is so huge to rip some concrete! I still might...my kids would love it.
Thanks for the pics....your gonna have a lot of fun with it.

You definitely want to go brushless ,I hated only 7 min of run time back in the day ,an constantly charging
a battery ,it was just never enough time of fun!

It should be fun when I’m done with it
Thanks for the
Encouragement I was going to pass until d3mon pumped me up lol thanks D

Thanks for the

Well ,back in the day ,a stock motor an 14 an even up to 5000 mah batts were boring ,then if you bought
an got into the mod motors ,they zapped a battery real quick ,you only got 5 to 8 min. run time ,but
with a brushless with a Lipo battery in a street car ,should fetch up to about 25 to 30 min of pure fun run
time!.....:celebrate:

Thanks for the
Haha was a really good deal on the car! hope it servers you well should be a fun rig to run!

I hope your in this hobby for 10+ years or so. If you need any help with it ask.

Back