Any1 in nj wanna race

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrow said:
so where would i go if i want to just fool around on a track with my drake? (i finnaly got fuel :D )

I'm in Linden which is a couple towns over. If u have a Sunday available , Rodriguez and I can meet up with ya and run.

Monster Flip said:
Not sure where westfield is, but Dirtrunners race track in Jefferson is open everyday for any one...Haven't been there yet though but hopefully soon. There's a white castle (fast food) on rt 17 S in Teterboro, behind it is a BMX track...mostly for jumps.

I'm in Bergen County NJ (elmwood park) running only Nitro Monster Trucks...if any wants to bash/race their Monsters, let me know :) [email protected]

Let me know when u want to run and I'll see if a few members here want to go.

If my work load permits me, count me in. I only have on-road but if the day calls for some offroad I can probably borrow my brother's savage.

Sounds like a plan. So let's get a couple of possible dates together.

Cold weather is coming so lets do this some time soon.

any weekend is cool, but all i have is Monster trucks :)...

All I have are touring cars! but it's ok, I have access to my brother's Savage. It's easier for monster trucks to go on asphalt, impossible for touring cars to go off road .... DOH!

I have both. But I think the off-road would be the better choice since it can go anywhere. So pick a weekend people.

name the date. all my sundays are free. sundays when i have my moms car are not... try to make it like 2 weeks form now though(just wanna get my drake in shape

my radio tottaly lost dontact the other day(while it was ten feet away)and came back on like 10-15 seconds later... the throttle wspring worked... but it scared me none the less.... is my radio just old?

Hey guys just got back from NJ. I went to Dirt Runners nice track. I also went to trains and lanes in PA. Not bad but I don't think I would spend much time racing at that one. If you want check out a small video I made from Dirt Runners@
http://www.cupofjoe.org/NJ track.mov
14mb

I'd like to join too, I live in Weehawken. BTW, are there any large parking lots in New Jersey where we can safely run nitro without scrutiny from neighbors or the cops?

Monster Flip.... Is this BMX track open to the public? Is it for members only? Do you have to pay to use it? Have you run there before?

With the population density in this area its going to be hard to find ANY place big enough to hold a decent bash. Since I moved to Edison I've been scouring the area for places to bash and really havent found any worth mentioning. I'm game for just about any weekend with a preference for Sundays as I'm now working Sat Mornings. I have a 1/8th buggy and MT. 1/10 Stadium truck and 1/10 onroad so whatever wherever.

I think a location needs to be picked first then dates can be set but as someone already mentioned...winter is quickly aproaching.

There is a community college right by me that has some nice big parking lots for onroad (this is the same college in Edison they run races at on Sundays). I have a ton of little orage traffic type cones we could use as markers. There is Raritan Center that has a TON of huge wharehouses and parking lots. Theres a HUGE construction site there (but I'm not sure if we would get in trouble or not) If the BMX track is available for anyone I say we go there.

I need to get the Savage running again after I melted my Spur and I need to get my onroad to shift again (currently it is stuck in first or second depending on its mood but will never switch between the two...lol) So if anyone wants to meet up at one of those places I mentioned drop me a PM whether we get a bash together or just 2-3 of us.

Just a note the Dirt Runners track has a Big space to run at and it's in the woods in a park I think. As far as I know they race every other weekend and it is open any time you want to go. I would take a drive and check it out. If I was going to hold a bash it would be the place I would pick!

Let me know as well. I run on-roads but as i said in an earlierpost, I have access to my brother's savage. I also have access to about 7 rolls of 50 foot lengths of firehose. I just need advnce notice so I can take time off from work (I work saturdays, but sundays can be accomodated). I also need the notice so I can get the hose that I keep stored at the LHS I keep them at.

It Seems DirtRunners is just off Route 80 in NJ.

Directions:

Take Route 80 West to Exit 34 (Route 15 North)
Take Route 15 North To Weldon Road towards Milton
Follow Weldon Road approx. 4.9 miles, Jefferson Speedway is on the right
If you come to Jefferson Middle School you have passed the track.
(Jefferson Middle School address is: 1000 Weldon RD, Oak Ridge, NJ for you MapQuest-ers )

Check out the pics from the link I provided... Looks ok... Might be a bit too far for our NY brethren (45 min once you cross GWB, Lincoln, Holland, Goethals...hour from the Outerbridge) but it could be kewl. It looks way too small for 1/8th buggies or MTs but its better than just a flat grass field....

Last edited:
Not too far for me. I have family in that area and I go there just for dinner.

robriguez said:

It Seems DirtRunners is just off Route 80 in NJ.

Directions:

Take Route 80 West to Exit 34 (Route 15 North)
Take Route 15 North To Weldon Road towards Milton
Follow Weldon Road approx. 4.9 miles, Jefferson Speedway is on the right
If you come to Jefferson Middle School you have passed the track.
(Jefferson Middle School address is: 1000 Weldon RD, Oak Ridge, NJ for you MapQuest-ers )

Check out the pics from the link I provided... Looks ok... Might be a bit too far for our NY brethren (45 min once you cross GWB, Lincoln, Holland, Goethals...hour from the Outerbridge) but it could be kewl. It looks way too small for 1/8th buggies or MTs but its better than just a flat grass field....

It's ok for buggy and MT. I was at the bash in Buffalo and the track we went to was smaller by far than dirt runners. You guys will have fun for sure. Keep me updated if it is at dirt runners or even trains and lanes in PA I will make the trip! Trains and Lanes is small if you ask me but they also have a on-road track. They are in Easton PA if you want to look at them.

Looks like I have to make a call and see when it's available and go from there.

Back