Any thoughts ??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apples

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just another quick newbie Question .... My Aftershock seems quite sluggish ??? doesn't seem to be as fast as usual not sure why ???? I checked the obvious things like spur gears, cluth bell, fuel. Was wondering could my diff gears be out their way out ??? Of a tranny problem maybe ??? just looking for a few ideas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

It sounds like the tune is out a little bit. You should tweak the needles just a bit toward the lean side and make sure you're temps are in the normal range with a good temp gun.

i saw an other post like this. i hope no one gets up set if i post the same reply i posted earler. one thing to check is the glow plug. i have seen a plug going bad, cause it to be hard to tune.

The HSN needs a tweak almost every time you run it, to compensate for changes in ambient temperature and humidity.

Well, what tires/wheels are you running? How much fuel have you run through it? Does the engine sound doggy or do you seem to just notice speed/power loss?

The AS is a heavy rig that has fat heavy tires in stock form. This causes a lot of drag on your stock composite clutch shoes. Over time, they glaze up and don't grab the bell as well, which gives you soft starts and weak performance. The same goes for your slipper pads.

Also, the AS is known for a crappy two speed design. Over time, the two speed spur/ring gets warped, which can cause the two speed shoes to slip. The OWB on first gear can also slip, and the design of that on the AS leaves a lot to be desired.

The only real fix for the two speed issues IMHO is a LST1/2/XL two speed assembly. Better built and can be found on ebay as a whole for around $35-$45.

Back