Any RC Nitro Touring Events Not Far from New York???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.MadfireMoe

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just ordered a touring car online that has a .16 vertex engine and is two speed. It is 1/10th scale also. Is there anything holding me back? Can anybody get my into some race i can do for the summer for rc touring? I hope regulations allow .16 engines! :thumbs-up::thumbs-down::thumbs-up::thumbs-down::thumbs-down::thumbs-down:

I'm not sure about the touring class but in ROAR racing rules for off road (which is usually what race events use as guidlines), there are no 2 speed trans allowed. You'll also need to verify the tank size and engine size qualify.

You should download the rules from ROAR and familiarize yourself with them. I Just looked them over real quick and there is a rule stated clearly that 2 speed trans are just not allowed. Period. Before you get much further, if you bought this car for racing only, make SURE that you can make it a single speed. For that matter, be sure it qualifies in all other ways. Even if your first track isn't so stuck on all the rules, I'm sure that the 2 speed will be an issue. If you end up doing well and competing in other tracks, you will eventually be held to following all the roar rules. It would suck to have bought a car that you can't compete with!

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the touring class but in ROAR racing rules for off road (which is usually what race events use as guidlines), there are no 2 speed trans allowed. You'll also need to verify the tank size and engine size qualify.

You should download the rules from ROAR and familiarize yourself with them. I Just looked them over real quick and there is a rule stated clearly that 2 speed trans are just not allowed. Period. Before you get much further, if you bought this car for racing only, make SURE that you can make it a single speed. For that matter, be sure it qualifies in all other ways. Even if your first track isn't so stuck on all the rules, I'm sure that the 2 speed will be an issue. If you end up doing well and competing in other tracks, you will eventually be held to following all the roar rules. It would suck to have bought a car that you can't compete with!

True, I can always just put a 1 speed clutch bell and spur if i wanted. But New Jersey, Pennsylvania, stuff that are close to ny too. Thanks, When I get it, I will be making race upgrades and blah blah, race bodies, Etc cause it is not only a two speed but also a redcat

Because it seems there is some difficulty getting upgrades and parts for redcat (as I have heard here with owners) I would caution you against going that route. One of the most important parts of racing is parts availability. A lot of tracks have a hobby shop attached and sell parts to their racers trackside as needed. This often means the ability to make it to your main and compete for the full day. I would urge you to go with a different name brand for sure! If you MUST go with redcat, make sure you take the time now to check the physical dimensions of the car you're purchasing against the allowable specs set forth by roar (ifmar may also have specs). The reason I say this is because I have seen redcat 1/10 scale cars a few times that are 1/12 scale size. This is NOT a dig against redcat. This is just fact. Also, verify that the parts you are looking for are actually available. Once you open the box, it's YOUR car. Returning it is no longer an option. Roar has a PDF you can download thats full of info. All things you'll want to know so you are prepared for racing, and of course, so you car is ready to race as well. All legal!

Because it seems there is some difficulty getting upgrades and parts for redcat (as I have heard here with owners) I would caution you against going that route. One of the most important parts of racing is parts availability. A lot of tracks have a hobby shop attached and sell parts to their racers trackside as needed. This often means the ability to make it to your main and compete for the full day. I would urge you to go with a different name brand for sure! If you MUST go with redcat, make sure you take the time now to check the physical dimensions of the car you're purchasing against the allowable specs set forth by roar (ifmar may also have specs). The reason I say this is because I have seen redcat 1/10 scale cars a few times that are 1/12 scale size. This is NOT a dig against redcat. This is just fact. Also, verify that the parts you are looking for are actually available. Once you open the box, it's YOUR car. Returning it is no longer an option. Roar has a PDF you can download thats full of info. All things you'll want to know so you are prepared for racing, and of course, so you car is ready to race as well. All legal!
Okay I will make sure to varify it nicely, it should be here tomorrow or something, it would also be a let down if I found out my car is smaller then it should be, but I have ther customer support number so I can call them and will right now ;)

Back