any of you old audio guys remember this?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mn Monster

RCNT Nitro Sniffer
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i bought this new, my sophomore year in high school (1982) and it still works, and i still use it in my mancave to turn off my rope lights. about the only thing i still have from the 80's audio era that still works. sits on top my Marantz 2265B, which is from the 70's. they don't build stuff like this anymore !:whhooo:

Last edited:
lol thats old!

lol thats old!

30 years and still going strong ! of course my Marantz is 40 years old, and still sounds crisp and clean, with that famous "rich" Marantz sound. i would love to get another Marantz, but even on ebay the good ones are over $500!

I used to sell electronics back in that era. Marantz ruled but most of us went for Kenwood or Pioneer.
A good friend of mine still has one of his Bang & Olufsen units. I got the Nakamichi Stereo he had in one of his cars.

I used to sell electronics back in that era. Marantz ruled but most of us went for Kenwood or Pioneer.
A good friend of mine still has one of his Bang & Olufsen units. I got the Nakamichi Stereo he had in one of his cars.

those old Bang and Olufsen system were very cool!

30 years and still going strong ! of course my Marantz is 40 years old, and still sounds crisp and clean, with that famous "rich" Marantz sound. i would love to get another Marantz, but even on ebay the good ones are over $500!

Any particular model Marantz? I work for a home Theater Company (Senior tech) and we carry Marantz and have some older models in stock still. Most are from 1-2 years ago, NIB. Unfortunaely, our customers always want the most recent.

i'm only looking for 70's made stuff but, if you have or could find a Marantz 2265B, for a decent price i would be interested !

Last edited:
Sorry can't help you there, the oldest stuff we would have is at most 1-2 years old. But if I come across one I'll let you know. Some of my customers do have old er products they no longer want.

Marantz is good, but I preferred the Carver M400 myself.

at first i thought i knew where it was invented, but after i thought a little i dont remenber. but Bill Lear , Wichita ks did invent the 8 track. to have music in his air plane. i hope i remember right.

Last edited:
That's correct, Moe. Among the 8-track units we sold was one that was floor mounted on the tunnel and facing up at about a 45 degree angle. It was a Lear.
His daughter was named Crystal and her middle name is Shanda. Put that together with the last name of Lear. Absolutely true story.

Back