any experience with ofna hyer ss?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pralexander

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Thinking of buying the hyper ss RTR. any one have any experience with it?

Not with the hyper SS but I've owned other OFNA buggies. I would actually suggest taking a look into the OFNA X3 Sabre. Its basically the same price but its a newer design, it came out after the SS.

Sounds good looking in to it now

Took a look. I believe it has the same engine. I'm obviously knew so the differences don't quite stand out.

yes they both appear to come with the Force JL .28 which I believe is made by Picco

yes they both appear to come with the Force JL .28 which I believe is made by Picco
Ya I'm just trying to find the best product for price and beginner. Idnlike to stay around 500 and i dont want a buggy I'll outgrow after a few runs and want more.

I've never used a Force engine as I typically like to run .21's in my buggies but their made by Picco I believe so theyre most likely decent engines. Most people racing will also likely use .21's as they typically have higher RPM ranges and will spool up faster. If it was me Id sell of the Force .28 and put that money toward a good .21 while the Force is new and its worth the most money. Engines sell for a lot more when theyre new. just a thought

Hello. Brand new on the forum. Came across this topic and thought I would share because I recently purchased the Hyper SS. Have had this buggy for about 1 month now and it has been great. Had it out this weekend and broke the JL .28 motor unfortunately. Not sure what happened. Will be on with OFNA tomorrow to see what they can do. As far as the buggy itself, its tough as hell. Have bashed it pretty hard over the last month and have not broke a thing. Had some pretty damn hard crashes too. Ordered up a LRP Z.28R for it today! Hoping it will be even better with that motor.