Antique or collectible pricing help?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.21Rc10GT

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys,

I have been at my grandparents' house all day today, cleaning up around the house. We tore down an old storage shed (must have been around 35 yrs old). Well, there was tons of just trash in there, but i found some stuff, and my grandmother gave it to me to sell on ebay for myself. I found some old Universal appliances. They must be from the 50's or 60's. All of the stuff i got are in the original boxes, with the original tags and have no rust or corrosion. I found: a toaster, perculater, portable stove, and an iron. These are all in brand new condition, and i am wondering if any of you guys know where i could find some pricing help or, if you guys know about what i could get for em... My brother said i shouldnt take anything less than $100 for each item... That sounds kinda high to me, but they arent really around any more... Lemme know what you guys think. If any of you are interested in pics, or know of someone that would buy em, let me know. I'm just lookin around to see if it is worth selling them.

Thanks!
David :smoke:

I will post them up on ebay, you never know how crazy those bidders going to be :)

Well, i want to have an idea of what they are worth, before i just post em on ebay... I have searched on the internet for about 4 hours, and came up with nothing... I'm hoping you guys know of something...

Go to ebay and type in an individual item and see if it comes up. (like GE toaster and model #)
There is a good chance that something the same or close to the same thing will pop up.
If you haven't already.

Yeah, i did try that, but nothing like them came up...

try more generic descriptions in E-bay...or you can pay to have them appraised...the appraisal price wil be high and no one will buy them for that much.....they are only worth what you can get for it at the time you want to sell it......no price guide or any formula can tell you that.....I say put up a reserve of what you are willing to sell them for....if the bidding is close you can always sell them to the highest bidder....

You are searching auctions that have already ended right? If you don't check the box on advanced search you won't find anything. Do they work? Some nostalgic pieces in working order will bring more for sure. After all these things have been sitting out there for 30+ years list with an opening bid of say $25 and see where it goes. Don't list em all at once, do one and see if there's a market for it.

Have you tried looking to see if there is a Forum for your antique? You will be amazed at whats out there. It blew me away that a member here was active on a Flashlight forum. Go figure, people actively collecting flashlights and having an active forum for it. Look around for forums using the Manufacturers name, product name, or Product type. Never know.
Contact this person and ask if there is a place to get pricing or a list of collectors.
http://www.toaster.org/museum.html

throw some rims on the toaster....according to Chris Rock it'll sell

Back