Another Slash 2WD skate park bash.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
This one is actually two videos made into one. I do have to say this though. For years i would watch guys break Traxxas trucks pretty much every time they would take them out, whether it was on a track, or just bashing in a field, so, for years, i avoided Traxxas stuff. Recently though, i picked up a used Slash 2WD, and the only thing not stock when i got it were the Pro-Line body mount kit, a GoolRC 60A ESC and 3650 4370KV motor. Originally i was just going to sell it off, but, i thought, since i already have a brushless motor and ESC, have a little fun with it first. I went into it fully expecting it to be destroyed on the first pack, and, i have to say, i was pleasantly surprised. I have so far ran it through 5 packs, 3 of which were at a local concrete skate park, and, so far i have only managed to break a rear hub landing wrong off a jump, and a front caster block on another bad landing. Currently, it has a HW 10BL60 ESC and the 3650 4370KV motor it came with, and, i should have the aluminum rear hubs, steering blocks and caster blocks by tomorrow, and the body i ordered should be here by Friday. After as hard as i ran it, and it still pretty much holding up to my typical abuse, i decided to keep it.

Nice.

I would upgrade the A arms to the heavy duty cold whether ones if you are running through cold climates.

I do run both my 2wd slashes at the skatepark often for my brushless one I only broke the steering bell crank link from landing a big nose dive on 2s.
apart from that they are durable.

even on 3s my brushless slash did very well even been driven vertically out of a bowl at a skatepark 40mins from where I live

Nice.

I would upgrade the A arms to the heavy duty cold whether ones if you are running through cold climates.

I do run both my 2wd slashes at the skatepark often for my brushless one I only broke the steering bell crank link from landing a big nose dive on 2s.
apart from that they are durable.

even on 3s my brushless slash did very well even been driven vertically out of a bowl at a skatepark 40mins from where I live
Unfortunately, due to a house fire, I lost everything I had, and, with everything else that needs to be done, it's gonna be quite awhile before I do anything RC related.

This one is actually two videos made into one. I do have to say this though. For years i would watch guys break Traxxas trucks pretty much every time they would take them out, whether it was on a track, or just bashing in a field, so, for years, i avoided Traxxas stuff. Recently though, i picked up a used Slash 2WD, and the only thing not stock when i got it were the Pro-Line body mount kit, a GoolRC 60A ESC and 3650 4370KV motor. Originally i was just going to sell it off, but, i thought, since i already have a brushless motor and ESC, have a little fun with it first. I went into it fully expecting it to be destroyed on the first pack, and, i have to say, i was pleasantly surprised. I have so far ran it through 5 packs, 3 of which were at a local concrete skate park, and, so far i have only managed to break a rear hub landing wrong off a jump, and a front caster block on another bad landing. Currently, it has a HW 10BL60 ESC and the 3650 4370KV motor it came with, and, i should have the aluminum rear hubs, steering blocks and caster blocks by tomorrow, and the body i ordered should be here by Friday. After as hard as i ran it, and it still pretty much holding up to my typical abuse, i decided to keep it.

When it's cold everything brakes easy. Running with no body and battery cover doesn't help durability

When it's cold everything brakes easy. Running with no body and battery cover doesn't help durability
Actually, with that truck, it didnt seem to break near as much as a couple of my others in the cold, and, i was never easy on any of my trucks. The total list of breakages last winter, after probably ten packs through it, were a front hub, a rear hub, both front A-arms, and one driveshaft. On the other hand, a couple of my other trucks, almost every time i ran them, i was replacing multiple parts. My DHK Hunter, modified to run 2WD, snapped the chassis off a jump when it was 45 out, and, i would be here all day listing what i broke, and then upgraded, on my ECX stuff.

In cold weather conditions when I go to the skateparks with my rc cars. I have broken on my maverick ion dt was the rear wing, battery hold down, steering rod, and front body posts, while on my modified slash 2wd brushless I have only broken the steering bellcrank so far after hitting vertical jumps at full speed and landing chassis first.

Actually, with that truck, it didnt seem to break near as much as a couple of my others in the cold, and, i was never easy on any of my trucks. The total list of breakages last winter, after probably ten packs through it, were a front hub, a rear hub, both front A-arms, and one driveshaft. On the other hand, a couple of my other trucks, almost every time i ran them, i was replacing multiple parts. My DHK Hunter, modified to run 2WD, snapped the chassis off a jump when it was 45 out, and, i would be here all day listing what i broke, and then upgraded, on my ECX stuff.
I am glad you are happy with slash. For some reason a lot of people hate Traxxas, some models have some weaknesses but they are not bad at all. A friend of mine has ECX ruckus, definitely more fragile, biggest problem is weak plastic drivetrain. Traxxas 2wd lineup has all metal drivetrain, the only possible issues if you go crazy power are driveshafts, you can get heavy duty plastic, and spur gear, but you can get 32p or even mod one from revo

I am glad you are happy with slash. For some reason a lot of people hate Traxxas, some models have some weaknesses but they are not bad at all. A friend of mine has ECX ruckus, definitely more fragile, biggest problem is weak plastic drivetrain. Traxxas 2wd lineup has all metal drivetrain, the only possible issues if you go crazy power are driveshafts, you can get heavy duty plastic, and spur gear, but you can get 32p or even mod one from revo
Before i finally gave up on my ECX Torment (ok, so, I'm stubborn and hate giving up on anything), i replaced the transmission case twice, driveshafts so many times i lost count, replaced the spur at least 5 different times before i did the Axial spur upgrade, broke countless front A-Arms, and destroyed the front hubs at least 3 times. I did the metal diff upgrade, and even managed to destroy that. At one point i did the all aluminum Axial transmission, but all that did was destroy driveshafts. I finally gave up on it, after less than a year of running it, after the transmission case snapped for the second time. After that, i stuck with my 2WD Slash and Losi 22S. I used to not be a fan of Traxxas, but, after getting my first Slash used, and seeing how much more abuse it could take, i recently restarted my collection with a 4WD Slash and a Stampede Grave Digger edition (we lost everything in a fire recently, so i am completely starting over).

Before i finally gave up on my ECX Torment (ok, so, I'm stubborn and hate giving up on anything), i replaced the transmission case twice, driveshafts so many times i lost count, replaced the spur at least 5 different times before i did the Axial spur upgrade, broke countless front A-Arms, and destroyed the front hubs at least 3 times. I did the metal diff upgrade, and even managed to destroy that. At one point i did the all aluminum Axial transmission, but all that did was destroy driveshafts. I finally gave up on it, after less than a year of running it, after the transmission case snapped for the second time. After that, i stuck with my 2WD Slash and Losi 22S. I used to not be a fan of Traxxas, but, after getting my first Slash used, and seeing how much more abuse it could take, i recently restarted my collection with a 4WD Slash and a Stampede Grave Digger edition (we lost everything in a fire recently, so i am completely starting over).
4wd Traxxas lineup is much stronger than 2wd. Like slash 4x4 rally, rustler 4x4, hoss. One of my favorite rc ever is erevo. But the most durable for skatepark abuse is Maxx v2

4wd Traxxas lineup is much stronger than 2wd. Like slash 4x4 rally, rustler 4x4, hoss. One of my favorite rc ever is erevo. But the most durable for skatepark abuse is Maxx v2
The Slash 4X4 i picked up is the first Traxxas 4WD i have ever owned, but, i have always been partial to 2WD SCT's. Before i lost them, i had 2 Arrma Fury's, a Racers Edge Pro2, a Team C TS2 (basically the same as the RE Pro2), a Slash 2WD, a Losi 22S SCT, a Team Associated SC10, and my only 4WD's were a DHK Hobby Hunter, and an Arrma hybrid 3S i built from multiple Arrma vehicles. I also had a pile of Tamiya 2WD buggies. Now, I'm going to stick with the Slash 4X4 i have, and pick up a Slash 2WD, and, possibly a Traxxas Skully (only because i found one for a really good price).

Back