Another seized nitro engine..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STONER RC

BUILD it, SEND it, BASH it, FIX it, REPEAT
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
  6. Boating
A buddy at work brought me a Ofna Ultra LX pro. That has. Even sitting in his attic for yrs. So of course it wasn't stored properly. So now the engine is seized up and won't turn over. So here I go again to restore another nitro RC that has been abandoned and need some love. We will get her running again. Engine out time for some heat to get her turning again.... stay tuned to see how it goes...

16767379176639150108678511794045.jpg

16767379431726131313404256572612.jpg

1676737955762617862668250588041.jpg

Enjoy your project bud.
Thanks bud I'm Going to try. My buddy needs to find his start box or this isn't going to start for crap. And will need to just buy new engine. We will see

A buddy at work brought me a Ofna Ultra LX pro. That has. Even sitting in his attic for yrs. So of course it wasn't stored properly. So now the engine is seized up and won't turn over. So here I go again to restore another nitro RC that has been abandoned and need some love. We will get her running again. Engine out time for some heat to get her turning again.... stay tuned to see how it goes...

View attachment 160535

View attachment 160536

View attachment 160537
@STONER RC Nice buggy! I assume you probably already know this because you have way more experience than I do. I've found that if you put nitro fuel in the crankcase and then you use heat it seems to get it loose and then it'll be able to be cranked over again. Did this trick with a axial 4.6cc engine on my hpi savage. Just make sure to be safe with heat and fuel!

Heat gun and wd40. Works all the time. Oh and patience. I found I am more of a builder/fixer now and less of a driver. I swoop on low cost not running nitros all the time. Got a TA GT2 for 40. DTX15. Put a TRX15 from a fresh rebuild fired it up and that truck rips now.

Back