another rustler question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksrichard

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hello again. O.k. I know they are from two different model numbers, but is there really any difference in the grey and the black chassis for the rustler."other than the color"lol.
I hit 60mph. personal best. i was bumping up my throttle settings on my tqi
with a friend and hit a light pole brok it in 3 pcs. We rebuilt it onto the black chassis. I'm hearing the grey chassis is stronger. is this true? should i go aluminum? or will that weigh me down?. please help....

As far as I know they are more or less the same just that the black is discontinued. If you go with an aluminum chassis make sure its made out of 6061 T-6 or 7075 aluminum. They are expensive and you want to minimize the possibility of bending or tweaking an aluminum chassis. Yes it will add some weight which will make your motor have to work harder but to go beyond 60+ MPH you're going to have to start adding weight to the kit and that is one way, albeit an expensive way, to do it. Be prepared to start shelling out large amounts of cash on repairs to. The faster you go the harder they are to control and the more you're gonna break when you do wreck them.

thanks. i will stick with plastic. as for weight what did u use on yours? looks like lead bars. probably a cheaper idea.

Back